Return of the “Ope”-in - August 18th and 19th 2023: The Battle for Stattis

After a year off due to things being too damned busy around Lawsonia to make things work in 2022, we’re back in action for 2023.

Tee times have officially been locked down for up to 60 attendees, with the following details:

When: Friday and Saturday, August 18th and 19th, 2023
Where: The Golf Courses of Lawsonia
Time: Tee times begin on the Woodlands at 7:30 AM and Links at 1:00 PM both days
Cost: $330 for unlimited play
Charity: Gillette Children’s in honor of @Battisstatus

That’s the baseline cost for the golf, but I will look to include other miscellaneous items so don’t assume this is the final cost to attend.

Fish fry for the large group is currently off the table on Friday night due to them being unsure of being able to take on a group of that size at that point in the evening.

The signup sheet is below and will take the first 60 before starting a waiting list for when some inevitably cancel.

Alert those in your lives now and don’t miss out on this one!

Pairings

38 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

xLTLYJ

15 Likes

Obviously I’ll be accepting my exemption into the event

11 Likes

Given you filled in a spot that was inexplicably left blank, you knew that was a given.

2 Likes

@BaxterMSP do we have $10,000 laying around in escrow somewhere for this?

14 Likes

Oh good, it’s going to start way earlier this time around!

2 Likes

This is only a 10 1/2 hour drive from where I am in Ontario. Plus I’d have to take a ferry this seems very doable end of summer trip for next year. I do have a bunch of Michigan courses I would like to play.

2 Likes

Thank you @midwestgolfbum! Let’s go!!

8 Likes

Luckily August is usually my worst month of the year when it comes to the golf swing, so you’ll make a mortgage payment off me.

Also, I’m issuing a public challenge for @Tron. I could use some new attire in the closet so let’s do belt match, part deux on the Links.

9 Likes

Kidnap Sharon on the way and you may just have a free entry.

1 Like

Look my driving style is not always conducive to passengers, if Sharon can keep quiet about my F1 style breaking habits we won’t have issues.

2 Likes

It would seem like a huge miss if new Wisconsin resident @djpie wasn’t in attendance, forgiveness only for a Strapped trip.

6 Likes

They can move the strapped trip, I can’t move the Ope!

2 Likes

@midwestgolfbum you ready to defend our scotch foursomes title?!

You’re the best for getting this started! Thank you my friend! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

Im in Buffalo, if you’d like to carpool maybe lol

Welcome Wisconsin GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 Likes

I’m essentially Hamilton area, so your only an hour and a bit away, this would be very easy. However you cannot get angry when I stop at every American Fast Food chain that doesn’t exist in Canada. Its a real issue for me.

2 Likes

10 Likes