Return of the “Ope”-in - August 18th and 19th 2023: The Battle for Stattis

8 Likes

Only 174 more days til Ope’n…gotta toughen up.
Sand Valley…practice for the lake. Mistakes were made keeping shoulders and hands out. 2nd time around I full submerged. Jumping in Lake Leopold tomorrow.

19 Likes

Shoutout Nick Swardson for the sweet shirt

10 Likes

The Chicago Golf Show was today and

1. I think it was so loud because PXG is the sponsor and the troops were in uniform. Lots of golf shirts tucked into jeans and topped off with Foot Joys

2. I really can’t wait to golf until my hands bleed in August

7 Likes

I noticed that overall there were fewer vendors than in years past, also seemed like fewer vendor booths with more open spaces. I wonder if they jacked up their booth costs and caused some organizations to bail. Seemed to be a lot less golf travel vendors this time around.

I did that retreat two years ago!! Tell James hi for me!

1 Like

2 Likes

Minneapolis golf show was this weekend, I didn’t go but I was talking to a local sim owner last night and he said none of the big vendors are there anymore. The only club manufacturers there were Wilson and Tour Edge Exotics, not even 2nd Swing went. They used to have like 1/4 of the floor with fittings, used club bins everywhere, and racks on racks of clearance apparel. The clothing was the best draw, everything was $5. Got a Donald Ross brand merino wool sweater there a couple years back.

3 Likes

Apparently my attempts at bribery with the folks at my club to change the club championship date didn’t work after all.

So, I’m going to have to bow out again.

Maybe one of these years the stars will align.

2 Likes

Bummed. That’s stinks, but good luck at your club ship.

One step closer @Cinnamon

6 Likes

Do you want us to send a strongly worded letter to your club? We could make some fancy Refuge/Ope-in letterhead?

Club GM opens letter - “Why is their an empty Culvers fry sleeve in here? Why does it say free blakehall on it?”

3 Likes

@BigBird :eyes:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, but as #14 on the alternate list, I can’t help it:

tenor

8 Likes

Am I in?

5 Likes

It is so.

8 Likes

https://youtu.be/Y2ef-HLjElw

4 Likes

Something like this :joy:

Cannot wait to accost you on the range again so I can see the “who TF is this guy” flash across your face while you do your best to maintain your composure.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Submitted without comment:

1 Like