Philadelphia

I’m in

Jeffersonville opens tee times 7 days in advance at 8:30am, just FYI. You might have been too early. :wink:

1 Like

Flying out tomorrow to the Philly area for the first time for some work stuff. I’ll be in Newtown but any recommendations for Philly/ the area restaurants or things to check out?

2 Likes

If you can Zahav is not to be missed

2 Likes

If you’re limited to Newtown Oishi is pretty solid Sushi and is BYOB. Harvest and Solstice are good restaurants with seasonal offerings as well, nice seasonal cocktails and menu selections.

Looking for 10 more to come out and play with the Electric Phactory at Valleybook on Sunday at 9am

All are welcome! Just need to finalize by 9am tomorrow

Edit: Closing the signup to cancel the empty tee times

2 Likes

Looks like there are 8 playing. I’m available to play tomorrow but don’t really want to roll as a single. Anyone else interested??

So I totally forgot that it’s a holiday weekend and didn’t grab a tee time anywhere. If anyone has an open spot trying to fill out a group anywhere, give me a shout!

1 Like

As of now, I’m off Friday and it looks like decent enough weather for the morning before storms roll in for the afternoon. I’d certainly be down.

Happy long weekend Electric crew! My wife and I will be staying in Philly next year for a month or two during the summer. Im already prepping my golf rota during our time there (because why the heck not). I have ran through a few threads to compile a working list of a few public spots that have been recommended in the past. Let me know if I’m missing any must see places, or if any on the list could be skipped. Some of the below are a little ways outside of the Philadelphia city limits, but coming from Chicago I don’t mind a little bit of a drive to hit some hidden gems.

On the list
Lulu Love CC
Jeffersonville GC
The Golf Course at Glen Mills
Paxon Hollow
Wyncote Golf
Galen Hall Golf Course
Cobbs Creek (if/when reopens)
Ballamor Golf
Makefield Highlands
Melrose Country Club
Raven’s Claw
Club At Shannondell
Makefield Highlands
Scotland Run
Broad Run Golfer’s Club
Pocono Manor Golf Course

Would be a dream to play
Schuylkill CC
Philly Cricket Club
Stonewall

Thanks in advance for the advice! Hope to meet some of you out on the course in the future.

Sláinte. (Shoutout Neil lol)

4 Likes

Shannondell can be skipped. It’s a fine value course, especially for a last minute tee time but nothing more.

Lederach, Turtle Creek, and Bella Vista all should be on that list IMHO.

4 Likes

I’ll second that Shannondell should be skipped. There’s nothing special there at all.

Melrose is quirky and there are still a few holes (maybe 3 or 4?) that might resemble what Perry Maxwell originally created, but poor maintenance and the road being built through it have changed it dramatically. You won’t miss much if you skip it.

And I don’t know if Lulu CC is allowing public any more. Since they rebuilt the clubhouse after the fire I believe they’re now fully private again.
Edit- Looks like they still allow public Monday - Wednesday! I stand corrected.

Good point. Melrose was in awful shape the last time I played it two years ago.

1 Like

It’s better than a couple of years ago…but not by much. Some trees cleared out along the edges and fairways seemed a little tighter, but my god the tee boxes are atrocious.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Just really excited to experience a different golf vibe. I added Lederach, Turtle Creek, and Bella Vista to the list. Keep the suggestions coming love all the golf talk getting me through the work day.

Lots of info on these courses on my site, hopefully it helps.

https://golfadelphia.com

@the.marc.christopher and I have a 7:48 tee time at Bella Vista for this Saturday morning. We need two more to fill out a foursome. Who wants to join?

1 Like

Welp looks like I won’t be working tomorrow! Thanks for sharing this. Going to be brushing up on the various courses on the list with this info. So much good stuff

1 Like

Some how I happened to click on the bulle rock review first…what a shame

I just went back to BR this season for the first time since that happened. Totally different place and had a blast. Will be writing about it soon.

2 Likes