NorCal 2021 NIT Qualifier - 3/7/21 (Post 55 for sign-up) [aka Chunks at the Chuck]

Huh?

So down!

1 Like

Operation Southpaw is under way

6 Likes

Your lefty swing makes my natural swing look like a grocery store knockoff brand.

1 Like

Swing looks GREAT! Ball flight looks like it could use some improvement :rofl:

1 Like

Absolutely SSSSSSIIIIIICKKKKK

sounds like a fun time

3 Likes

I’m in… can we have a Senior flight?

1 Like

Great idea. Just as another suggestion…possibly Poppy Ridge as a location. It’s the Strapped version of Poppy Hills, but it’s a gem. Again, just a suggestion that removes the cost of the coast. Love the idea and would love to participate wherever it goes down.
Cheers!

2 Likes

hahah this is happening, sounds like a lot of fun!

2 Likes

Just an update here: We’ve been working on more details and should have some progress in the coming days.

Thanks for the recommendations on charities. We’ve decided to make our donations for CASA of Alameda County. They have a remarkable mission and spending our day on the golf course raising money for that mission feels right.

We’ll post more soon once we nail down more details around dates, cost, and signups.

4 Likes

Sick! If I can help out at all with the fundraising/CASA side of things, please let me know. I’d be happy to plug into that side of things.

2 Likes

Poppy Ridge is like $75 on a deal… hardly Strapped but yes cheaper than Poppy Hills. Great course though!

1 Like

I’ll reach out to you later this week on the topic!

Mega Update: hat tip @hwb for taking the lead and securing Corica Park!

Date: 3/7/21
First Tee time: 11:04am
Player Cap: 48
Costs: Walking $114, Riding $130 (includes fee, prizes and charity donation, collected by 2/20/21)
Optional: Par 3 at Mif for additional $10
Charity: CASA of Alameda

Sign-up Google Sheet

Our NIT application form is in the works…hoping to make it an ‘official’ part of the NIT Q series…will update accordingly. Thanks to all for suggestions and interest. Let’s fill it up!

9 Likes

In there like swimwear.

1 Like

any thoughts on the format at this point?

Stableford. # of flights dependent on how many NIT spots we have.

3 Likes

Is there a Nest member with the handle “TBD” or are non-nest members allowed to reserve spots?

As I believe Tron laid out on the pod regarding this stuff, you don’t have to be a nest member to play in local events - part of all of this is getting more people involved. But (and I may be off here - so someone feel free to correct me), in order to snag a qualifying spot for Jax you do.

1 Like