EVENT PLANNERS, PLEASE READ: NIT Application Form

In order to help us better organize the 2021 Event Schedule, we have created an official application process for events to be considered for an NIT Spot(s). The application is linked at the bottom of this message and will give event planners information on what is needed in order for your event to be considered for NIT status.

A couple of guidelines:

• Event planner must be a Nest Member

• Event tee times should be secured (this is the most important piece of any event)

• Estimated cost

• Size of Field

• Charity Benefitting from Event

• Format

• If you need/want help with merch

Link to Application:

After applying, a member of the team will reach out to you to confirm details, NIT status, and follow up on any items you need help with or anything that needs to be clarified.

If you have any questions prior to filling out the application or need help in any way, please contact me, @Double_Bogey_Dave

UPDATE: LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED, 2021 EVENTS ARE PLANNED. 2022 EVENT LINK WILL BE SHARED AT A LATER DATE. Reach out to me via DM if you have any questions.

22 Likes

Who is this team you speak of? Let’s have some transparency into the process

9 Likes

I will be doing the outreach.

3 Likes

If we don’t go down the sanctioning route, can events still be promoted on the refuge or would it be considered just a NLU adjacent meet up?

3 Likes

The event will still be a Refuge event even if an application isn’t submitted. We have the application process to help us manage the NIT spots available for Refuge events throughout the year.

Having an NIT spot or two is a fun thing for event planners to have for their participants.

8 Likes

The Duck Club is discussing the merits of that. Border uncertainty and all that jazz.

10 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:t2:

15 Likes

Does anyone know if @GremlinGolfer’s Dad re-upped his membership for Christmas this year? We need to make sure all of his exclusive events qualify.

5 Likes

Wait, your presence and event expertise is part of any NIT sanctioned event? Hope you like Minnesota in July!

7 Likes

Rad! We’ll get ours submitted soon. Thanks @Double_Bogey_Dave.

reference: NorCal 2021 NIT Qualifier - Q1 / TBD

cc @giles @GremlinGolfer @fullbodyfix @greebs

4 Likes

Isn’t July the best time to visit MN?

7 Likes

I will be there. Come on @Privatecollection

3 Likes

curious if there’s an anticipated ratio of participants/NIT qualifying spots?

Not sure yet, we want to get an idea of the number of events and available spots, so it’s all TBD at this point.

1 Like

I presume it’s the same TBD regarding min number of competitors and format type also.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Keep a couple pity invites just in case. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes