NorCal 2021 NIT Qualifier - 3/7/21 (Post 55 for sign-up) [aka Chunks at the Chuck]

Probably the latter. But hearing @Tron ‘s call on the nest pod for more regions to get involved, we are confident it’ll work out. Any advice from you is always welcome, Bax.

2 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. First piece of advice is hold a warm up round at CP…I’ll go ahead and commit to attending.

1 Like

What do you mean by “warm up round”. In my head that means a shot and a beer.

2 Likes

“Warm up round in the bar, followed by a practice round on the course”

2 Likes

I’d be up for an AZ-NorCal trip to tee it up

2 Likes

Can’t wait!

1 Like

Yeah this is super early, but as Pat said based on the last Nest Pod / NLU crew encouraging live events we want to get the ball rolling.

If it doesn’t get sanctioned, we’ll still launch em.

3 Likes

I wanna go launch 'em with ya!!

2 Likes

Along with definitely being “in,” I’d like to pitch an option for a Corcia-local, charity-worthy org here…CASA of Alameda County

I’ve been involved with CASA (not Alameda’s, specifically) for a couple of years now, and the changes these people make in foster kids’ (or kids in “the system”) lives is really remarkable. These kids often have nothing, and the volunteers pour their hearts out into donating their time, money, and energy into helping get what’s best for the kids that often don’t even have a consistent/stable social worker on their case.

There usually aren’t enough volunteers in any given county to help support each kid in need, and the money donated to the County CASA can help with recruiting more volunteers, providing clothes/car seats/other resources, etc.

Here’s from their “about” page:

Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Program is a nationally-based organization that provides one-on-one court advocacy to abused, neglected and abandoned children who are dependents of juvenile court.

CASA volunteers help meet the emotional and physical safety needs of thousands of abused and neglected children. Volunteers advocate on behalf of the children’s educational, mental health, medical/dental, and family/sibling visitation needs, and work to increase the likelihood that the children are placed in homes and with families in which they will thrive.

7 Likes

I’ve been a huge fan of CASA of Stanislaus County for a long time.

1 Like

Thoughts on someone (me) coming down from Oregon to play? I literally have zero chance of winning the NIT spot, I just really want to see what Corica is all about!

1 Like

1000% in on this

5 Likes

I second the CASA suggestion, great cause.

1 Like

Come on down!

1 Like

I’m in on this.

1 Like

I think we’re missing the most important question here guis - is @GremlinGolfer playing right or left handed for this event?

3 Likes

I’ll be playing lefthanded

6 Likes

MIF slaps. once the north course is done we should do a sunrise at metro + 36 at corica + sunset at MIF day

4 Likes

Yeah, I play Mif once a week with my 7YO. I love it. Def worth figuring out how we can weave Mif into the picture here.

1 Like

I need to get down to SF next year and this looks like a pretty good excuse…tracking.

1 Like