NLU ST ANDREWS INV. (Keep. DMK’s. Name. Out. Your Fu*kin Mouth!)

I was on two NLU trips in the span of a month and now I’ve got the itch. Figured it couldn’t hurt to ask.

7 Likes

Who’s gonna sell @cwalsh27 their spot for cost + $1000???

10 Likes

I shall rise above this

11 Likes

Just won (and purchased) 4x Monday tickets to The Open… anyone else going? Looking to plan a trip with the lady and would like to link up (plan some golf) with anyone else in the area from the states. Landing July 7 (8 am).

T

1 Like

I actually laughed out loud. Given the context here, a perfect use of the gif.

1 Like

If you bounce over to the GB&I Roll Call there are a shitload of locals going.

Roll Call - GB & IRE

Thanks, I’m wandering the fairways on here. Had a strong feeling I was going to be redirected. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I missed out on tickets (applied for every day ffs :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) but a good friend of mine got 4 x thursday tickets so he’s kindly offered me a spot so i’ll be heading down for the day.

haven’t been to watch a live pro golf event since I was about 16 so going to the open at the old course and the irish open in the space of a few weeks has me slightly aroused.

2 Likes

What will happen first, the NLU Scotland trip or the @Eggman’s Dog Bowl event at Yale? Coincidentally was originally signed up for both, still hanging onto the Dog Bowl

3 Likes

The NLU Scotland trip is confirmed for April 10-16, so that’s happening.

20 Likes

What’s crazy is I wanted to go to both. But I had conflicts for both of the original dates. Now I wish I was signed up.

April is gonna be a banger month for the Killhouse5, going to Scotland and then to Bandon Dunes like a week later. Jealous of it all except the jet lag!

4 Likes

Seems like a problem I’d deal with, although a week in between will be tough.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m so incredibly late to this thread but if spots aren’t all allocated already this my dirty thirty (15th) present to myself. All my internet friends are invited.

1 Like

For those that have been to St Andrews or from there would it be necessary for me to purchase a power adapter for phone charging purposes? I am from the US and know that the plugs in the UK are different. Just curious if somewhere like the Old Course hotel would have options for us tourist. TIA

2 Likes

Wouldnt count on them having one. Better safe than sorry, although if you get there and they don’t have US plug support, I’m sure anywhere in St Andrews will sell an adapter. Probably even at the hotel.

3 Likes

In the UK you just need the basic adapters that are like 3 for $10 on Amazon.

5 Likes

Thanks @d_wrek and @jhkaplan

Golf Channel is showing “Golf Films - St Andrews” at noon ET today. The film does a nice job telling the history of St Andrew’s, would recommend DVR’ing it in case you are interested in learning more.

3 Likes