Roll Call - GB & IRE

First to step up across the pond. Transplanted Canadian in London for 6 years, Essex based for 3 but always on the road with clubs in the boot…

6 Likes

I’m from Basingstoke, Hampshire but living in Chichester, West Sussex at uni. Sandford Springs is my club at home, lucky enough to play at Goodwood for uni!

Limerick Ireland! And have had the honour of teeing it up with Soly! Ballyneety GC is my home club. Ex employee of Killeen Castle-Home of the 2011 Solheim Cup!

1 Like

Yorkshire for me, although from London originally. Played a few courses out Essex way (Hainault, Fairlop Waters etc) but I’m rubbish so more of a viewer these days :grinning:

Have done the trips to Celtic Manor, Close House and The Grove on the stay and play deals and there is certainly some good value around if you book the right packages and get lucky with the weather!

1 Like

One of the best!:golf:

Belfast, Northern Ireland here. Used to play at Shandon Park but now just pay and play wherever I fancy.

@Andy28992 I may be hitting up Killeen Castle in May as part of a golf trip / family holiday. Worth the drive from Bray where we’re staying?
My game will be fairly rusty so I’m planning to avoid links courses for now so that I don’t get mauled for a couple of days in a row.

Hey @AndyDowney Yeah well worth the trip. Superb golf course, Nicklaus design, big greens and lots of bunkers. Variety of tees also, off the backs its the longest in Ireland. An hour would get you there from Bray, or less even!!

@soly will vouch for Killeen Castle also!!

Warrenpoint, County Down (Sadly not RCD)

I’m just north of London in Herts. Member at Essendon Country Club. I’m from Norn Ireland though so play a fair bit back there and always keen to find people to play with at interesting places.

1 Like

@The_Cad_Says and @Gray will have to try to arrange something at some point then!

I’m thinking about a round at Knock Golf Club soon (which I’ve played many times as a junior but only recently learned is a MacKenzie / Colt design).

2 Likes

I did not know that about Knock myself. Def have to try that out.

I’ll actually be back in the ne t month to 6 weeks. Hoping the bloody weather clears up first.

1 Like

West Lothian, play out of Ratho Park, short parkland track bordered by the Union Canal on two sides just outside Edinburgh.

From Dublin, play in Island golf club just north of city

3 Likes

London for 20+yrs but grew up in Scotland.

Hadley Wood my home course, Mackenzie greens there have me defeated right now. Country member at Blairgowrie, 45 holes of pine and heather for not much money at all.

From Dundee in Scotland and a member at Scotscraig GC a James Braid design and the worlds 13th oldest

1 Like

From Aberdeen, member at Newburgh on Ythan, Links course sandwiched between Trump Aberdeen and Cruden Bay

2 Likes

The other Irish / Northern Irish guys on here have me shamed with their home courses.

@Klondyke1892 excited for the Irish Open next summer?

@Fitzy Island has always looked amazing! I’m jealous

Woking, Surrey…lucky to be close to a dense collection of top draw Heathland courses, including West Hill, where I am a member

I love West Hill. My friend Fergus is a member there. It’s my favourite if the W’s and one of my top 5 in the world. It’s just so damn pretty. There isn’t a tee box that you don’t stand on and think “Wow, that’s pretty!”. And unlike Woking your 1st and 18th are among the strongest holes on the course! 18th is one of the strongest anywhere.

But Christ are the greens quick!

Glad you like it - is that Fergus Gilmore (great golfer)? Greens are quick, played today and for November they are impressive.

1 Like