NLU Ladies

Not sure if there’s anyone near Chicago, but there’s a Fore the Ladies event at the new Five Iron Golf in December. Fore the Ladies was started by Abby Liebenthal (Marketing for Imperial) and they host drop-in classes for $25 for beginners or experienced players. I believe they hosted their first one in Jacksonville a while back. It’s a great concept and looks like a lot of fun. Hoping they have one closer to me soon.

Event Info: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fore-the-ladies-x-5-iron-golf-chicago-tickets-73563587671

1 Like

Funny, my wife knows this Abby chick. She’s worked some pretty sweet gigs in the golf universe. She was at the ringer too.

1 Like

May try to get my wife to check this out. She’s very against getting into golf but I think something like this could sway her

It looks like the perfect first step to get into golf. Plus, if she’s not liking the golf part of it, there’s wine/food/shopping.

1 Like

that’s Abby’s plan. Get a bunch of people who like to do stuff together at a place where golf occurs. If they happen to play golf, great. Even better if they learn to like it. But no matter what, they’ll have fun with fun people, hopefully.

It works.

4 Likes

Hey! I’m new here and I’m so happy to have found this wonderful group. I have been playing for a few years and have definitely become addicted. I’m so ready to be able to golf again. Winter golf in central PA can be brutal. I usually try and play any weekend when its above 40 degrees. Anyone else going through golf withdraw?

10 Likes

Hi Megan, welcome! I’m in northern Delaware and I play when it’s 40 and above—although our club had an event the Saturday before Thanksgiving and it was in the 30s when we feed off. Hand-warmers in the pockets! I expect to play this weekend.

1 Like

just saw this thread…

I’m a girl. I play golf. I live in Texas. I work in the golf industry so can answer most any questions you might have: tournaments, apparel, equipment, etiquette, rules, golf swing, strategy, etc.

the ANWA was fantastic. If it existed when I was a young junior playing the game…it would have been my ultimate goal to get the invite. Now we can certainly argue the set-up and structure…but it was year 1, I’m going to give them a pass for a few years to shake out the bugs.

5 Likes

I loved the ANWA too. I hope one of these years I can win the lottery to go watch it. I was really impressed by the level of golf and I thought it made for some exciting play.

Welcome @megangood and @imsocrabby to the thread! I’m so pumped for the ANWA next year since I was so fortunate to get tickets in the lottery. I’m taking my mom, who walks pretty slowly these days, so I’m not sure how much we’ll be able to keep up with the golf, but at least we’ll get a great look at Augusta.

2 Likes

Welcome! We’re putting together a pretty solid number of NLU Ladies now (and you’ll find the guise can be welcoming).

4 Likes

Glad you’re here and glad the NLU Ladies group is growing! Hoping to meet a few of you in person at 2020 NLU events.

We really need a women-men’s mixed team event in 2020.

14 Likes

Welcome!

I’m not sure what you consider Central PA, but there’s a huge group of people here in the greater Philly and greater York areas.

I’m in Warren, and there’s only a few of us between the northeast part of the state and middle of the state, but there’s a huge group (of men and ladies) that play in the south east part of the state.

I’d suggest jumping in here if you haven’t already!

1 Like

One was being chatted about for Oregon but didn’t go anywhere (I think Detroit ended up happening instead)

I remember that.

Now that there are even more women on the Refuge this should really happen. Obviously, it needs to be alternate shot.

5 Likes

Welcome!
Where at in PA? I’m in Lancaster City, there are a few of us around the area.

1 Like

I’m subscribed.

I’m in lititz! We have to get a group together and play!

1 Like

I think @Geaugolf will play anytime, just shoot her a note. She’s a pretty mean golfer, probably top 5 on the refuge in trophy count.

2 Likes