Escape The Rock - Bulle Rock - May 6, 2023

Do you have what it takes to Escape The (Bulle) Rock?

The Capitol Golf Club is pleased to invite you to the inaugural Escape The Rock challenge—a stroke play tournament at Bulle Rock Golf Course in Havre de Grace, Maryland.

Bulle Rock is a Pete Dye masterpiece nestled at the northern end of the Chesapeake, and was a 5-time host of the LPGA Championship in the 2000s. Named to the Golf Digest list of 100 Greatest Public Courses and the #1 Daily Fee Course in Maryland since its opening in 1998, Bulle Rock is one of the hardest courses in the Mid-Atlantic and most rewarding challenges in the area. Get your mind and your swing ready to test your mettle at this fitting championship venue.

The registration fee will be $140, which will cover your greens fee, range balls, cart, a small tee gift, and a donation to the First Tee of Greater Baltimore. Payment will be due upon registration to secure your spot. As this is an official Roost Major, you must be at least 21 to register and compete.

We have sequential tee times starting at 10AM on Saturday, May 6. While sequential tee times are not the most conducive to post-round hangouts, we will be setting up shop at the Bulle Rock clubhouse to collect scorecards, dish out prizes, and potentially distribute some merch. The clubhouse has a great patio overlooking the 18th green, so grab your food and beverage of choice and enjoy the show of your fellow Nest members coming up to finish their rounds! For those of you coming in from out of town, we’re going to get the locals to put together some local hotspots (and maybe even reserve a space at a local brewery), so keep your eyes peeled for that info.

Registration will open soon—please watch this thread for details. Until then, practice well and let me know if you have any questions!

37 Likes

This guy doesn’t hit it as long as a lot of people on the Refuge or r/golf, but this is a pretty good overview of Bulle Rock.

3 Likes

Bulle Rock rules. Prepare for asses to be kicked.
(by Pete)

6 Likes

I love me some Bulle Rock! LFG!!

2 Likes

Quick announcement: we will be opening registration next Friday, March 3. Make sure you set this thread to watching or tracking if you would like to receive a notification when the link is posted.

5 Likes

Registration here and open now!! We have tons of spots remaining, but we can look into reserving more if needed.

Once you fill out the form, you’ll receive an email notifying you that you’ve been placed on the waitlist pending payment—payment details will be included in the email. Once I receive your payment, I’ll move you to the confirmed roster.

Let me know if you have any questions, or any issues registering!

5 Likes

Let’s get a full field and more!

2 Likes

Signed up and can’t wait!

3 Likes

Signed up, funds sent.

3 Likes

Quick numbers update, we’re about 2/3s full of our initial allotment. If you registered but haven’t received a waitlist email, or if you’ve paid me but haven’t received a confirmation email, please let me know!

3 Likes

@DJsCokeDealer we partying in a few months?

6 Likes

Pete Dye is gonna love that sweet supply

3 Likes

Venmo sent! Coming down from Philly.

4 Likes

We absolutely love to see it!!!

How long is the waitlist right now? I just entered my name. Love me some Bulle.

We still have about 20 open spots—golf genius just puts everyone in the waitlist pending receipt of the registration fee. Looking forward to having folks from all over the mid-Atlantic/northeast!

2 Likes

Just tossed myself on the waitlist until my wife can give me a definitive yes or no.

3 Likes

@RobertHunter new to the Roost Majors, what is the format of the competition?

This is going to be net stroke play with some flights TBD. We also play a lot of quota at our other regional events, though.

1 Like