DMV Fall Classic: Charity Donation Details Posted

I’m in for this! Thanks for setting this up!
I’m local, I’ve played Westfields a bunch, and a member at a private club nearby for those who will be in town Fri/Sat. Can also point you guys in any direction for good food/drinks.

Looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Already registered and will share with a few NLU fan buddies to help get the numbers up.

1 Like

Sorry I am out on this now as I have to be out of town for a family obligation.

In next year for sure.

1 Like

I will be attending but I won’t have time to put together my outfit…that being said I was wondering if anyone was planning on documenting this little get together? It’s up to you all, but I was thinking about maybe doing some short videos. Maybe talk about the event, interview some guys on their outfits, maybe throw in some clips of everyone playing with the vintage sticks. Thoughts on this @RobertHunter ??

1 Like

Great idea in theory, but takes away from someone’s round a bit too

Currently being inspired by Mr. Stewart’s Washington Football Team garb I stumbled upon this weekend.

9 Likes

thats beautiful

1 Like

Sub par play on the course isn’t worth it imo

I’m confused about the point of this sport if that’s the case… much like the entire roster of aforementioned football team…

Brief update: have heard from lots of folks at the course and am getting very excited. Shoutout to head pro, who reached out after seeing this thread and seems eager to help. I’m heading out there this Sunday for a dew-sweeper round with @peytonmanthing to get the lay of the land and start thinking about how we want to set everything up. I’ll be sending an email blast out to everyone that has registered so far later this week that has a link to a google doc to get the rest of your info. If you’re inviting other folks, there will be instructions for what we need from y’all in the email.

ALSO

I am extremely pleased to report that several prizes have come in from eBay and they’re so good that I just want to keep them. We’ll have golf-based prizes, prizes for random competitions (Long Persimmon Drive and Hickory KP might be on the table, TBD), prizes for the person with the best clubs, and OF COURSE the grand prize for the winner of the costume contest and NIT spot.

If you haven’t registered yet, spots are still open!

3 Likes

Also, many thanks to @Tron, @djpie, and @Randy for the shoutout on the August pod. We’ve gotten a few registrations from folks whose names I didn’t recognize, and that’s AWESOME. If you’re new to the Refuge and ended up here from the Nest Pod, I highly encourage you to introduce yourselves here or in one of the Roll Call threads for the DMV area.

7 Likes

I really need to figure out how to make this happen. Just to be clear, is the $110 just for greens fees or is there anything else? I don’t care either way, just curious.

Just greens fees. This was the second-cheapest offer we got—we’re paying probably $20/head extra no matter where we ended up since this is on a weekend. I’ll send out details about food options in the email blast, and there will be opportunities to donate to the Living Classrooms Foundation in a number of ways on the day of.

1 Like

To hell with softball, I’m in. Scrounged up a few vintage clubs at Goodwill over lunch and my getup is rounding into shape - gonna be of a piece with these gents’ attire:

Let’s launch 'em

4 Likes

Damn high cost of living in DC! Another reason I live 90 minutes away. haha.

No worries, that’s what I assumed, just wanted to double check before I try to sell it to one of my friends.

1 Like

golf > softball all damn day

2 Likes

I don’t disagree but I had been giving 2 factors some extra weight: 1.) I’ve been able to play some golf during the pestilence while the softball season has up until now been a total wash, and 2.) I’ll still be able to play golf for a long time to come (Lord willin’) but I’ve only got a few years left before I’ll need to hang up the ol’ softball cleats for good.

But in the end this event just sounds like too much fun to pass up

1 Like

$110 on a weekend is a typical price for Westfield’s too. For example, I just looked at their website for this weekend and a lot of times on Sunday are $110. So you’re getting a good price for the event! I am sorry I can’t make it, looks awesome.

1 Like

Whats happenin fellas… got a message yesterday about this event on IG. Sounds like a good ole time, if there’s a spot open i’d love to join! - Alex

3 Likes

… and this is my first ever message/post on the refuge so pardon my newbie-ness

4 Likes