DMV Fall Classic: Charity Donation Details Posted

Wish I could - this event is both rich and compelling, fantastic idea. I’m on baby lockdown starting around the 21st so no-go for me.

5 Likes

My wife is due Oct 23 so lets keep this whole lockdown idea to ourselves for now

3 Likes

Sorry to hear it, but best of luck with baby lockdown! If we can turn this into an annual event in the area it’ll be great to have y’all out eventually. Especially if we can get it organized on one of the courses in the area that hosted tournaments from the 30s-60s.

2 Likes

I know it’s early but where do you stand as of early interest numbers?

I thiiiiink we’ve got about 25 solid attendees and ~10 people on the fence as of last night. Westfields is planning on 40 folks for our shotgun start, so we’ve still got a little space (and I can ask for more if we know we’re going to blow past 40 by probably the middle of next week). Probably two weeks out we’ll have a good idea on whether we’ll be able to pull in local, last minute folks or not to fill in gaps. Folks are free to invite locals to register now, too, but I know some people were saying they could invite playing partners in the area to fill out the space if we needed.

For inviting non-refuge folks, I will say just to make sure you give them an idea of the vibe so they don’t get caught by surprise. We want to make sure it’s a fun event above all else, so I’m trusting y’all to do some soft vetting if you pull in people from outside this delicately balanced ecosystem haha

3 Likes

It is in driving distance if @MerchCzar will still be in NYC :eyes:

No pressure…

1 Like

I really want to play and will hopefully bring a buddy with me if possible. But I have a lot of balls in the air this week and just haven’t even been able to look at a calendar to see if I can make it work. Being a Sunday morning should make it workable, but I will let you know ASAP.

1 Like

Trying to decide if I can pull off the full chi chi rodriguez look

if youve got to ask, you already know the answer

yeah my giant ears aint gonna work

I did a nice goofy ass old school rope hat at PH to rock for this

1 Like

that hat is the least goofy thing in the picture…that heater is fucking DIALED in right now though, props

speaking of ropes though, big salty got some heat dropping tonight…

1 Like

Hey man, not cool! This old guy can’t help it, his grandkids love Rickie, and they bought him this shirt…

Orange Shirt

2 Likes

those are some skills right there bro

@fore20 just staying lose as goose the other day

with my slick almigos rope on btw…

@Smidler can blow that shit up and take a look

3 Likes

Unfortunately something came up and won’t be able to make it. Hope everyone has fun!

Breaking out the uglies for this event. Looking forward to it.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make that date. We have a family commitment that Saturday as well. In theory, it’s logistically possible to do both. However, I’d need to leave the family commitment on Saturday vs. staying over, which the Mrs. would like to do because she doesn’t get back home often. Happy wife, happy life.

I am bummed - hopefully it’s a huge success and I can attend in year two.

1 Like