A thread for the Texas folks

Yes, but don’t know why you’d intentionally hit it in or rather just try your best to get it across no matter where you’re hitting your second from, and if not, you take your medicine and go drop on the other side.

It’s a good local rule for pace of play.

I guess his thinking was he didn’t have to worry about hitting his second shot over the wall and having to hit 4 from the drop area instead of 3.

Oh, so he hit driver into the ditch, dropped on the other side, and hit on in three. That’s a little scummy, but if you can get your driver to the ditch, you have plenty of distance to get on in two, it’s just an intimidating uphill, blind shot across the “great hazard.”

Correct, he hit driver into the ditch. I should’ve specified

I think that’s technically following the rules (not sure if that local rule is on the scorecard or just posted on the course or if it specifies on which shot), but in either case seems scummy and not The TC Way because there’s no way you’re carrying Driver over the ravine off the box.

Exactly. He’s a bad guy.

The on-course sign doesn’t specify which shot, only that the drop area is other side of the hazard.

Thanks, I had a tough first day then gave it a run Sunday. Couldn’t have done it without @daltonbmiller on my bag.

4 Likes

As fellow Texans… can we talk about Bryson (lives in Dallas) asking for relief from two fire ants?

5 Likes

Dude oh my god it’s such bullshit

Also literally has a view of the Lewisville dump on a few holes

1 Like

For sure. He lives around the corner from me. Maybe I should go check his yard for any unscrupulous insect testing.

1 Like

Lotta good Bryson banter here too

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/can-i-like-bryson-the-gang-debates-using-exercise-machines-peds-to-win-golf-tournaments/2626

Put this on his porch…

Sickest troll move ever.

3 Likes

He must be play DN way too much to think you’re getting relief from an old hole with a couple little guys. Had one once at Stevens that upon grounding the club erupted, would’ve had them all over me. THAT sounds more like necessary relief.

1 Like

We now have the answer to Sergio’s tantrum…
tenor-2

Has anyone here played Oeste Ranch in Weatherford before? Playing on Sunday and not sure what it’s all about.

Not a pitch and putt, but I hear the new PGA is going to have an enormous putting course.

That’s cool. The actual city of Dallas needs something, selfishly. I hope they use some of the land at Tenny Glen for it .

4 Likes

If you ever get north enough to George Bush I believe there’s a pitch and putt in Richardson opening up called the golf ranch

1 Like

Boy, am I not a fan of courses that don’t let you book a solo outing online. I can go to Kissing Tree or Vaaler or Lighthouse and they will happily take my money and put me in a blank spot on their spreadsheet. But if I want to try to get a single time at Plum Creek, I’ve got show up in person, hat in hand, and hope they have something available. It sucks, because Plum Creek is so close.

1 Like