Holy shit dude…this is awesome!

1 Like

Update: not great

1 Like

Put me in your fan club

1 Like

Can’t say I didn’t see it coming

2 Likes

Looks like we’ll be playing a lot then! If you want to catch a few rounds before you move out there let me know and I can set it up.

1 Like

I’ve been at Gleneagles for a bit. What’s your dad’s name?

I actually had a similar idea for Sharpstown because it’s really just gone to hell. I went out for a quick twilight round a few weeks back and the fairways were like concrete. Seems like the greens were just punched every time I play it as well.

Pretty much a complete rerouting, but to nine holes. Width and angles, of course. Big greens. Expand the pond. Move a ton of dirt and sand cap it.

Add in a pitch and putt and a two-way driving range with lights. I definitely didn’t spend way too much time on this.

5 Likes

Congrats to the NLU fan that got 2nd at the Dallas Amateur Championship!
Hope he’s on here!!

EDIT! I am sure the other could be fans as well but this guy has a NLU hat on

7 Likes

First of all, welcome to the Refuge!

Secondly, this looks great. I will admit, I have no idea how to go about rerouting, that’s why I just listed as something that needs to be done and definitely didn’t try to draw it up like you did. Yours is way better lol

1 Like

I used to play the Bridges a few times per year but haven’t been there in quite some time. It’s a really fun course though and hopefully has been well maintained. It sits high up on a hill so the wind can get blowing up there!

I live up in Aubrey and play the Bridges once or twice a week. Still fantastically conditioned and a fun, easy round of golf. Still relatively light play out there too, but they’ve really started developing out there so it gets more play than it did a year ago.

4 Likes

IDK if he’s on here, but I am his caddy. 2nd year in a row he’s come in second. Shot even par gross on Sunday. Played a super clean round.

5 Likes

Yea, I went out there once. They didnt take credit card and they also didnt turn the lights on at night. Just simple things out there like a decent snack stand would make the place more inviting than just two old dudes on a porch who didnt care at all.

Yeah I actually just read a review of the place from 2 weeks ago that said the greens were still covered in sand, the tee boxes hadn’t been mowed, there’s dog poop all over the place because the manager lets his dog just run around, and all of the ponds had been drained and were just mud and dead animals.

I just don’t see how you can have Memorial, Gus Wortham, & FM Law and then have this piece of crap.

The number one reason people went to Coyote Ridge were the cart girls and bar/food service. That dump also features the single worst golf hole I’ve ever played in the par 5 10th. Evil me is glad to hear that it’s going down the drain…

1 Like

Oh my I forgot about that god awful hole. Their conditions are in line with a $20 muni but they refuse to lower their green fees that are mind blowingly high for what it is.

I’ve gone out there probably a few times over the past couple years and everytime I ask myself why I did it.

While we’re talking about conditions… tried out Firewheel’s bridges course last week. Am I out of my mind to think it should be illegal to put bentgrass greens on a public course in Texas? With the amount of water needed in the summer combined with the high traffic, there are so many better options these days. I’ve never seen so many pitch marks in my life. Felt bad for the greenskeeper.

1 Like

Pour one out for that super

Couple things:

1. didn’t know breakfast ball was a local rule, that’s good knowledge.

2. guy I played with yesterday intentionally hit it into the ditch on 16, knowing the drop area is on the other side. He ended up having a 150 yard approach for a GIR. Seemed scummy, but it’s technically legal?