A thread for the Texas folks

Evening y’all, gonna be in the Tyler area next weekend visiting the in-laws and was hoping to get out for a round on Saturday if anyone is in the area.

Pine Dunes is the must hit course out there. Not too far from Tyler and definitely worth the drive. Tempest out in Gladewater is also a really good course.

6 Likes

Appreciate it! I’ve heard about Pine Dunes, but didn’t realize it was that close to Tyler. I’ll have to look at it for a possible Saturday round.

Definitely worth the drive of around 45 minutes each way.

1 Like

The only rule about Pine Dunes is that you have to post videos of your lag putts for comfy bogeys on instagram with 30 super generic hashtags. I don’t make the rules, but I am committed to them.

12 Likes

Any big plexers have an opinion on Pecan hollow in Plano?

Nothing spectacular but a very solid track. Add in the $65 weekend time and it’s a way better deal than a lot of other courses in the area.

1 Like

Can we rehash the atrocious branding? Or has that been beaten to death?

We’re usually game to beat it deader. @cgroom and @BHstraitvibin in particular have some really good takes and stories on the atrocious branding and pro shop selection at PD.

2 Likes

Usually one of the best conditioned public greens in/around Dallas. Haven’t played out there recently though to say how they’re holding up.

My dad is there and he said they are in fantastic shape. At least the putting green is

1 Like

I played there on Saturday morning and it definitely one of the courses in the metro with greens intact/good shape. It hadn’t rained to my knowledge in over a week and the course was a muddy mess. No idea what that was about.

The backstory starts here.

2 Likes

This made me laugh.

GIF goodbye bye tom hanks - animated GIF on GIFER - by Kele

Hey All,

Taking our last round of sign ups for our @STROHS event at Brenham CC on 06/24!

In the vein of loving-but-hating Pine Dunes, I present: Jodie responds to Google Reviews

There’s a lot more but for my money “Most guys love the challenge” is where its at.

18 Likes

There’s a little something for everyone in here. She’s the ultimate reply gui.

9 Likes

Do your review next, and make sure to mention the “take the pines out of Pine Dunes guy”

5 Likes

Giving the people what they want. “Plush” fairways

5 Likes