A thread for the Texas folks

If you’re willing to drive like 40 mins or so out of the way en route to Frankston - play Tempest in Gladewater.

4 Likes

Sending an SOS to Big Plex. My father/son/friend trip to Oklahoma has hit a snag and I have March 15th-17th open if any of you give people would be willing to host the three of us.

Something happened in my discord and I not get the tee time thread
Can some resend the link please

Edit: just deleted app and logged in

If you let a thread stay unread for too long, I believe it will be removed from your app.

Strohs discord is a +2.7

2 Likes

interesting. thanks for the heads up

Just posted our sign ups for the STROH’s Muni Tour Championship on 06/24, come join us gang! 2023 STROH's Muni Tour Championship - Brenham CC - June 24th 2023

@Randy what did you think of Stevens Park?
Was this your first time playing it?

1 Like

Flying in dfw tuesday at 10amish. Might be able to play before heading to granbury for work.

Yes it was. I thought it was really cool. Loved the routing and how the course wound through the neighborhood. Mix of big proper holes and little, funky ones. My only complaint was the greens were TUFF. Kept thinking if they get those and the run-offs spruced up it’d be about as fun of a course as I could imagine.

15 Likes

It’s been a rough couple years for the greens at the Dallas munis, combination of extreme weather and the fact that the city parks department, and not any true golf superintendent nor the golf pro in the shop, maintains the courses. Stevens had to do a full green replacements 3 years ago, Cedar Crest did one last year, and they’re already shitty again. We’re really lucky to have the affordable options in the city proper that are very good courses and layouts, but damn do they manage to mangle something really good.

15 Likes

I feel for Ira man. Just got the email about the new Bar & Grill opening. He’s doing a great job with his piece but if the greens are bad the course won’t do well and there’s not much he can do about it.

5 Likes

Can i get the discord chat invite. Finally hopped on it.

2 Likes

Played the southwestmost and northeastmost tips of the plex over the weekend…Southern Oaks in Burleson and The Bridges in Gunter. Both are in good shape and the wind was playing excellent defense. Where did you play?

1 Like

May 2nd, in case no one has answered your question yet.

Heard you and Cody discussing the greens situation. Here is what they looked like when the new greens were finished 4 years ago. This was August of '19. As you can see, when it reopened and had a full fall in this shape, this is why it became easier to get a reservation at Dorsia than it was to get a weekend tee time there.

There are some powers that be that are saying the grass is still fairly dormant right now, so we’ll see if there is some improvement by May. Thoughts and prayers to our munis.

3 Likes

DFW/@BigPlex folks. Paid for spot in “The Daly” available for Monday 24th. Deets below. Please shoot me a text if interested 405-761-2000

Great course! Lots of interesting and challenging holes. Greens are in pretty good shape.

The club recently went though renovations and raised their rates quite a bit.

I"m going way back in time here, but I just wanted to point out that @cgroom’s last point STILL stands.

7 Likes