YOTB Presents: The Blade Challenge

I missed this earlier and I know the official YOTB thread is a mess at times, but @Battisstatus posts deals in there a lot and occasionally someone will offer up some sets.

3 Likes

I can help you track something down if you’d like. Just let me know what you’re looking for.

I just like any excuse to drool over sexy clubs!! I’m sure I’ve seen them over there they just all start to run together at some point.

1 Like

Nice playing @Mattco!

1 Like

Definitely looking for a cheap used set, but outside of that, I have no idea. How old is too old? Are eBay and second swing my best bets?

Some people find luck on eBay, I usually leave those listings alone because people are very capable of finding them.

2nd swing is awesome as far as their service and quality.

I have found a lot of success leveraging marketplace.

As far as age goes, that’s kind of a personal thing (as is the term “cheap”) I am happy to help if you want to send me a message with some parameters

2 Likes

Once you see his Auburn themed Miuras, it’s hard to forget them.

3 Likes

Just scrolled back through the YOTB thread and you’re absolutely right.

2 Likes

I carry a driver, 2-w, 52, 56 and 60. My irons are 4 degree increments from a 48 degree wedge. I had the opportunity to hit a few 2 iron stingers that went head high due to the wind. It was a fun round for the most part.

12 Likes

eBay is all about finding the hidden gems. Irons go in trends. Right now it is really tough to find the old Nike blades at a reasonable price. A set in good shape is worth the $300 because they are great clubs but they just aren’t worth it in rough shape and, in my opinion, aren’t worth much more than that.

I have searches set on eBay to alert me when a new set is listed in whatever I am looking for. Drivers are really tough to get a decent deal on eBay.

2 Likes

I didn’t use it, it was just on the bag. Honestly, that course didn’t need a driver at all unless you are playing the tips.

9 Likes

I didn’t feel like having my throw something on my driver and break a shaft in it. I finally found a driver I like somewhat and don’t want it messed with. Plus the headcover looks good.

1 Like

I’m with Matt.

We’re honorable men.

I found my old taylormade spoon from the early 90s, would it count as a blade if I put it in the bag? Man that thing is fucking tiny.

I remember them. Wow, hard to hit center face.

Was helping the lady get packed up to move out of Monterey, so I had to take one last loop around PG. I hadn’t swung a club for two weeks or so and had only brought the old school clubs, so figured I’d give the blade challenge a go.

Highlights: shot 77(!), saw a few whales spouting, carved 3 and 4 irons against the wind, played solid, ugly golf. Course was super firm but the greens were really receptive. One of the most fun rounds I’ve played in a while, and a perfect end to my regular trips to Monterey.

Edited for rules: image image image

14 Likes

No bag, no card? Do you need to scroll up and see @PTM’s gif again?!

Great round!

2 Likes

It’s the only picture I took of the day, I was locked in! I can post the bag though, card might be lost, we’ll see if it made the flight

1 Like