YOTB Presents: The Blade Challenge

3 iron is my longest iron so that’s what was hit off almost every tee, 3-P of Bridgestone J36. Typically hitting it around 210, 220 if I absolutely pure it.

4 Likes

Really need to get some shafts that fit in the MP68s. My gamers are 2* flat, standard length stiffs and the 68s have x100s an inch long. Not good for the ball striking.

Oh well. Incredible evening. Get em next time.

32 Likes

Even just cutting down that extra inch will help with the lie angle.

You had it in sight, for sure. Onward!

1 Like

Giving these a rip today. Should be…interesting.

14 Likes

What day did you play? I just played there on Wednesday

Yup! Wednesday evening

Those 68s are sweet. I have a set of MP67s I played in college that I may just have to pull out of the attic. Good luck with the next try!

1 Like

Nice! I did an AM round and then replayed at 2:30. Such a great day for it! Nice round, especially with where the pins were that day!

It was a hard fail 84 today on the bladey 80 challenge.

Quit on the 2 iron off the tee after dribbling it off the first three holes. 4 iron wasn’t a whole lot better. But I did feel the love for the Victory Reds 5-pw. They just feel more substantial than my AP2s.

I’ll get there. Some range time with the 2iron is needed.

2 Likes

Fantastic, BW. That’s a nice way to spend an evening.

Here’s my first entry. I played the blue tees which are about 6100-6200.

22 Likes

Well done! Flirting with breaking 70 there!

1 Like

While it was only a couple shots from breaking 70, I really didn’t have many spots to trim shots. I hit a couple bad wedges that are uncharacteristic for me but I got up and down from there. I didn’t make many putts but mulligans weren’t going to make those drop either. My bad shots were a few tee shots where it didn’t matter, a par five where I toe slapped a turd about 170 yards but it stayed in the fairway, hit a good 5 iron and still had 100 in. Same with a short par 4, hit a bad tee shot and stayed in the fairway but only had about 130 in.

This 71 was a long way from a 69 and would have had to play a lot better, or at least putted much better, to trim shots.

4 Likes

Hell of a round. I definitely meant it as a compliment, not that you should retry. Great playing.

2 Likes

It was a pretty course. I got to go to the golf hall of fame which was pretty awesome. They had a great bob hope exhibit and I had no idea how much bob hope really grew the game.

2 Likes

Did you marvel at their treasures for the love of golf?

9 Likes

I loved all the old blades. The stuff with old Tom Morris was pretty amazing too seeing the clubs that were 150 years old snd they had the lunar club (replica)

3 Likes

Anyone looking to offload an old set? I doubt my MP54s qualify, and I’ve decided I’m going to dominate bladey eighty.

1 Like

Great round!! But… I thought we also got a picture of the setup used to accomplish the Bladey 80 with the scorecard?

He posted it in the actual YOTB thread, I think.

The rules don’t matter much when the idiot that made them still doesn’t have prizes. Hahaha.

3 Likes