YOTB Presents: The Blade Challenge

I was more so speaking to my sources of where I find things. eBay is great. People have their parameters and searches saved, they don’t need my help with that.

Was not bashing eBay

No problem. I used to love hitting up play it again sports, they always had dumped off blades for next to nothing but they are all closed around here.

I perused 2nd swing and scratched together a set of old MP60s (3i-5i) and MP32s (6i-PW) that I’m really pumped about and have zero doubt they qualify for the challenge.

Nothing gets me spending frivolously like this damned message board that I spend money to message on.

6 Likes

Oooooo an interesting little development tonight, friends.

My daughter and I ran out for 9 holes and I figured since I played like a donkey today, I may as well see what’s good with a little Bladey Eighty test run.

Reasons for optimism: ball striking clinic; 4 iron off the tee, not that big of a problem; putted like shit and still wound up +5 thru 14

Reasons for pessimism: almost no chance I hit the ball that well again and I was still ‘on pace’ for 77 at best; putting is extremely hard and I am extremely shitty at it; +5 and those 2 one putts were decent length.

Feels good though. Feels right.

One caveat: I was about 25 feet out on 9 and my kid screams DAD I HAVE TO PEE, so I picked up and gave myself a two putt. Hahahaha.

23 Likes

I literally picked up my daughter and hung her back on the 7th hole a couple weeks ago, so she could pee behind a tree…thankful there wasn’t anyone within 3 holes of us, but dude, there needs to be more pee spots on a golf course.

11 Likes

Fresh off my Blady Eighties performance at Chambers Bay where I shot 87 on the replay round of the Olympic Prolific I fully committed to the blade life. Inspirational shit.

24 Likes

3 Likes

It’s 7:11 on a Friday and I’m 14 hours from my tee time, but I have a proclamation for the thread:

The Blade Challenge falls tomorrow. It is decided.

Pics and success and champagne and victory laps and everything else tomorrow.

25 Likes

@ChiFFI you seeing this? It’s a sign for tomorrow.

5 Likes

Hat trick of completion tomorrow. Book it.

3 Likes

Let’s fuckin’ get it.

25 Likes

uh, huh huh hey Beavis - watch me shoot 77 with these sick blades.

8 Likes

As someone that has looked at thousands of scorecards as part of my profession, this has to be one the cleanest looking cards I have ever seen.

11 Likes

Too hot, way too slow. Choked.

2 Likes

It’s too hot to be out there if it’s not moving. Save the W for a better day

2 Likes

I had it right where I wanted it through 10, but a bad lie double, then great bogey, lost ball double and I lost interest. Shoulda just walked off. Hahahaha.

7 Likes

Not sure if you’re referring to the actual card design or my play but I can assure you my game has never and will never be described as clean.

I was actually referring to the clarity of your penmanship

3 Likes

Tbh that’s one of the best compliments I could have gotten. Shoutout Mrs. Porter!! (1st grade teacher)

4 Likes

Kicked my ass yesterday, but we get back on the horse.

13 Likes