YOTB Presents: The Blade Challenge

we got LOTS of work for this guy

2 Likes

Perhaps not even the first to do it in the KC metro… going to try for a 2nd state next week in Wisconsin.

Also I just shot 85 at Swope in the match play qualifier last Friday with my entire bag so might just make the YOTB challenge a permanent thing the rest of the year. toooough scene for yer boy

10 Likes

It’s cheating leaving the state to complete the challenge. No way I’m getting any golf in the next week.

It has been done at the Deuce and Shiloh (whether you consider the latter to be an actual golf course can be debated I suppose). The next attempt is at Big Fish in Hayward next week, will report back. Gatorzzz franken 1 iron is an absolute weapon.

And yes, rough weather patch we’re having, KF event is going to be sloppy

2 Likes

How dare you come to Wisconsin and not throw the beer/badger signal up!

1 Like

Ok my experiment worked (surprisingly). MP 67 2 iron head stuck onto a UST fairway wood shaft.

I now have a tee shot for the challenge.

9 Likes

Thing must be a cannon. You cut the shaft down at all?

I’m curious about what length shaft you used as well.

I tried this with a 4i and my lie angle was all jacked up. Took me a bit too square it away.

Cut it down and used brass shim in the hosel to get it to stick (not sure how long it’s going to last but feels tight atm).
I cut it to 3 iron length
I did loft and lie on my LL machine no worries as Mizzy’s bend easily.

It’s a cannon on the range and surprisingly straight. Let’s see how it is on course next.

14 Likes

Haven’t caught up in this thread but I played Gearhart on Saturday and submit that it would be an ideal location for the challenge.

1 Like

Bought a project and decided to do Miami Vice colors. Surely it’s the Hogans that are holding me back from the Bladey 80, right? :woozy_face:

12 Likes

Blade sickos - there might be something you’d be interested in over here…

2 Likes

I will be attempting the Bladey 80 from the one ups. Usually play tips and feel good with 78 or below so will take a lot for me.

6 Likes

Hell yes! So stoked to see this. Stoked to hear you crushed it.

1 Like

Back to back bogeys with wedge in hand is not a great recipe for success… at least I can’t blame the blades.

3 Likes

May be making an attempt from a certain course in Santa Cruz this evening :eyes:

4 Likes

Update: gave it a run on the back nine but 2 water balls and missing a couple greens with wedges cost me. Highlight of the day was a cut 7 iron around a tree from 150 to 20 feet and making the putt on 18.

20 Likes

Confidence builder. It’s right around the corner.

5 Likes

What were you hitting off the tee? That’s a damn good effort!

1 Like