Wisconsin Refugee Matchplay

@Slick @jsauce Did this match come to fruition?

1 Like

It did not. I believe we’re going to get out for a round on Sunday. Course TBD

2 Likes

Seeing an email come in with “Juan Pablo Saucito” while I’m presenting to a large insurance company’s VP of IT was interesting. Thankfully, he’s a golf sicko and explaining NLU to him was easy.

That’s what I get for “watching” a thread and forgetting to turn off notifications.

The wind chill when we were going to tee off was 24… I wimped out.

Ha! That’s funny. Could your VP be a new convert to our little community here?

The Lakes at Lake Arrowhead just opened up too, might be a fun place to set up games and have a little Central WI refuge outing

1 Like

I would love to have him convert, but I probably wouldn’t do much business with him if he saw how terrible of a human I am outside of work :joy::joy:

Understandable, thankfully the weather looks better this weekend.

@Slick and @jsauce
@doraziojohn and @jpcronin
@PTM and @Hoffmanma17
@Syvm64 and @Hawkeye89
@DrK and @Furnace

Guise, just a reminder that your Benevolent Bracket Authority asks that these play in matches are finished before the end of the month. I know there’s a cold snap going right now, so if you can prove to me that you’ve efforted and get it done in very early May, I might not kick you out.

If you’ve got something set up or have played already, bless you.

2 Likes

@hawkeye89 and I are ready to roll Sunday afternoon down at his place. We’ll keep you posted!

2 Likes

Congrats to @Syvm64 on his dominant victory today. His first time playing the course and he fired off a casual 74 in blustery conditions.

Pleasure meeting and playing with you. Good luck moving forward. With the ball striking I witnessed today, he’ll be a tough out.

1 Like

@Slick and I played our match today and he humbly wiped the floor with me.

Still had a great time! Best of luck going forward.

2 Likes

It was a blast getting to meet @Hawkeye89 and see DGCC for the first time. Can’t wait to do it all again sometime.

2 Likes

Had a great time out there - looking forward to playing again. Hopefully we can make Sand Valley happen!

1 Like

@midwestgolfbum - having efforted my play-in opponent and not hearing back, I’d like to request - 1. a victory via forfeit; and 2. permission to begin setting up my next match.

1 Like

Approved and approved. @DWise is a gentleman from personal experience, and have no doubt he will find a way to get something set up.

1 Like

@midwestgolfbum @TTrentC, regarding our first (second?) round match. I am currently working through a shoulder issue and am not able to swing a club right now. Nothing is torn, but progress to regain range of motion is going slower than I had hoped. What is our drop dead date for playing our match? If I can’t hit the date, obviously I’ll forfeit.

You have until mid May to get it wrapped up, worst case. Don’t need you feeling forced to come back too soon or forfeiting when you still have time.

1 Like

@Hoffmanma17 had our match all setup to go Monday morning. Was going to pop my Ives Grove cherry, but work has decided otherwise with an opportunity I have to deal with.

I concede my match to the honorable @Hoffmanma17 .

2 Likes

Give me some time and I will update and put out a new bracket.

@chrisisoutrunning judging by your text, you will not be moving on?

Ha, no, it turns out completely losing your swing is not conducive to winning a match against a fine gentleman such as @DylanB.

He was nice enough to three putt a green to let me win a hole though.

Email is already out to get some lessons scheduled. So hopefully by mid-October it will be straightened out…

4 Likes