Wisconsin Refugee Matchplay

I enjoyed the walk and the tips, definitely wouldn’t have played as well without your course knowledge. Maybe we can rematch later this year!

2 Likes

Happy to play anytime (once I’ve had some time to work on the swing)

Update…after an Ortho basically told me swinging a golf club could help speed my recovery (along with a bunch of other crap), I hit the range today to see what I could do; just planning on some half swings. Amazingly enough, I can swing much better than anticipated. Sure I have a bit of a flying elbow and can’t go fully after it, but I should be able to knock it around decently. Anyoo, long story short…let’s set up our Match!

3 Likes

Played a great match with @RosesTintedGlasses this afternoon. Walked away with a 3&2 victory and a sick sunburn.

3 Likes

Congrats to @Slick on advancing to the sweet 16. A very fun round at Lake Arrowhead today, under perfect weather. Thanks to @jsauce for the beers and best of luck moving forward @Slick.

2 Likes

Nice meeting you @HawksInWI. We had a good time out there, and also talked about a potential meetup at Wild Ridge in Eau Claire sometime this summer.

@jcollard and @MOeller good luck in your match and I will see the winner later this month!

2 Likes

Played an entertaining match against @golfguy24 at Brown County this past Friday. It was a bit of a pillow fight as neither of us had our A game, or B, or even C… but the beauty of match play is that you just have to beat your opponent. Ultimately I ended winning the match after eventually finding some semblance of a golf game. It was great meeting you Seth and I’m glad you liked the course. Hope to see you at another event down the road.

1 Like

@TTrentC any thoughts about when/where you want to play? I’m wide open the next two weekends.

I sent you a message and we can work the details out there, but next Saturday morning? We can open it to two others if someone else has a match to play or just wants to get out.

Congrats to @jknudtson who won our match on the 2nd playoff hole at Kenosha CC. Great to meet you & excellent playing. Good luck in your next match, I bet your opponent won’t give as many gifts as I did:)

1 Like

Pleasure to meet & play with you and thanks again for hosting!

@TTrentC and I are squaring off (the national golf media is calling it the War at Wanaki, but that seems pretty dramatic) Saturday morning. Should be a battle for the ages!

1 Like

The golf media (aka me) might just venture out for pictures then. Giving the people want they “want”.

Also, I know I said I would update the bracket, but life kinda slapped me and things got a little crazy. I’ll work on getting that updated this week.

9:30 tee time

1 Like

Actually, 9:38 tee time.

I know this was dubbed the War at Wanaki, but after my lunch time range session today the war might be fought on the ground (too many topped shots)

By air, ground, or sea…

1 Like

Well, it ended up as more of a War of Attrition at Wanaki as @TTrentC and I traded blows and blow ups. I managed to hang on for the win. Good match Trent, and nice playing with you.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, @paspenson and I weren’t able to get our match set-up for the first round, but he gracefully conceded due to other reasons. @zednems @Maxwell - looking forward to the next match