Whoop Band | NLU Group Code: COMM-43CE09

I’ve always been a pen and paper person during workouts. I still do that and do the Whoop tracking now for about a week cumulative so far. It’s definitely more tedious to click start set, end set, etc as someone mentioned. I agree with that. It does also help me be more aware of my rest periods to keep them tighter.

I don’t like that the library of exercises seems to be missing some things I thought would be pretty basic. It wasn’t too tedious to set up my workouts. I haven’t yet toyed with editing them “live” based on actual results, but imagine it’s just more phone time and tapping.

I often “get lost” if I’m Resting or In Set during super sets.

Kind of cool that it asks for your RPE score at the end too. I like the tonnage. I like the improved strain tracking.

Given Whoops track record of updates, modifications, and more I’m going to stick with it. If nothing else seeing the tonnage and

2 Likes

Makes sense, not pen and paper, but I have a note on my phone I keep all my workouts in and go from that, so already on my phone a little during workouts for it. I am interested to see the strain with it, because I never struggled to get above 8+ on strain in a typical 45 minute workout; lots of super-sets and AMRAP’s I’m sure help that.

Jumping on the Whoop train… 1 month free trial to start. Have been wanting to try it out but had twins in July ‘22 so figured my stats would be useless.

Fast forward 11 months… got my sea legs somewhat under me. Going to give it a go

1 Like

A few weeks ago, I lost my 4.0 battery pack. Couldn’t find it. Felt like I could have left it in the AirBNB I was at. Looked all over. Damn. Whatever, I’ll order a new one. I’ve made more expensive mistakes before.

Order gets processed and shipped quick as hell and wouldn’t you know it? I find my original battery pack the day the new battery arrives.

I contacted Whoop to initiate a return. They asked what was the reason for the return. Told them that it’s unopened and that I bought it to replace a pack I thought I had lost, but found.

They got back to me saying to just keep the battery anyway or give it to someone and they’ll refund the purchase price (minus shipping) back to me.

6 Likes

Love to hear that, if you want to sell it, give me a shout

Thinking about switching to Whoop from an Apple Watch, biggest feature I think I would miss is the tracking my run distance while on a run, and playing music, assuming neither of these things can be done with a whoop yet?

No. It doesn’t track steps and/or act like a GPS nor does it play music.

Blah, thx for confirming, what do all of you whoopees do?

Cosplay as an athlete

8 Likes

If you run with your phone on you then it will track the run in the whoop app.

I don’t bother. I use RunKeeper for running and Trainheroic for my weights sessions. I log the workouts in whoop afterwards but I’m not using it as my place for all that.

The amount you need to be on your phone to use the whoop weights feature is a dealbreaker for me.

I’m sorry, is this after staying up until 11 drinking Golden Light’s not peak athleticism?

4 Likes

I love overreaching to spite the Whoop algorithm

4 Likes

86 HRV with only a 46% recovery. Jesus.

1 Like

It will track distance, pace, elevation, etc for your run as long as you have your phone on you. and if you have your phone, you can play music. I run so slow that holding my phone is not much of an issue.

Yeah not a phone carrier, only in the colder months when I wear pants

my absolute peak performance came on Saturday. Friday night, we went to the pub at my course, had a few beers with 3 other couples. The wives decided that we should go to a new restaurant in town, we proceeded to stay there until about 1130 then went back to one of the couples house for another drink. Home at 1:15am.

1% recovery day on Saturday. only second time that happened. first was in 2020 at the Golfers Journal Broken tee 2-man at Ballyhack.

had to coach t-ball at 10am. felt pretty wobbly that morning and we’re at the point in t-ball that it’s now coach pitch. High pressure and it’s all about seeing the practice swing and hitting bats.
i was so on-point with my pitches. Almost every kid hit, i was absolutely dialed-in with my soft tosses.

had a 12 strain on 1% recovery. what a day.

7 Likes

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before but getting inconsistent numbers between my Whoop and Peloton, despite the former being connected during workouts. I want to believe the Whoop over the Peloton but 175 seems low for a 30 min. HIIT workout when I’m 240ish pounds. Thoughts?

Does Peloton actually track your Heart Rate though with any device? I didn’t think it did and is just making a lot of assumptions based on body size and workout nature.

Looking at the Whoop data you have less than 3 minutes at 80% or higher Heart Rate Zone. Seems low for a HIIT in my opinion, so the 175 kCal on Whoop makes sense to me.

You’re spot-on with the first part. I switched from Apple Watch to Whoop and went through COVID so I think my numbers are a just jumbled these days. I’m not even close to touching previous PRs for 20/30min classes despite exerting what I feel like is similar effort.

Whoop feels low here. Now I know I’m comparing jogging to a HIIT workout here, but here are some average calories burned for 30 minutes at various body weights. Extrapolating to 240 pounds, you should be burning a lot more in a similar type of aerobic workout.

I’d just figure these are all ballpark things and to count calories eating food more than counting calories that you burn simply because everyone’s body is different and its’ so hard to track.

1 Like