Whoop Band | NLU Group Code: COMM-43CE09

Same. Has offered anything ground breaking yet.

But not going to shit on them for trying some new things.

1 Like

Yah not sure how it works.

When I go golfing (walking and carrying 18) it says I am having a high stress day. When in actuality, that is the activity that is about as low stress as possible for me.

2 Likes

Dumb question

Does the app need to be always running in the background to stay connected?

Yes. If you close out of the app, it will upload everything once you reopen it. But it will take a bit to catch up. I usually just keep mine running in the background.

1 Like

yep, just got be careful if youā€™re one, like me, who will swipe quickly to close out of apps. gotta leave that one open. very impressive to me how it really doesnā€™t seem to impact phone battery life.

Anyone else seeing the new daily insights? I noticed it yesterday. Looks like itā€™s giving daily updates to things you track in your journal.

1 Like

I can see that in mine, but it doesnā€™t show me anything yet, just tells me to log 5 yesā€™ and noā€™s into my behaviors before it will?

Got my Strength Training feature on my app today. Looks like launching for everyone tomorrow. Excited to try it out and see how it works!

Appears so.

They have pre-built workouts in there, but you can also build your own. The info page goes into how they calculate ā€œmuscular strainā€ using the accelerometer and gyroscope in the device itself.

1 Like

Just finished my first workout using it. A lift that would have been between 8-9 strain in the past was measured at 15.8. Pretty cool metrics as far as tonnage and you can see where your HR was during each exercise/set.

Overall, pretty impressed.

1 Like

Stress monitor seems to be simply another heart rate monitor. When i exercise, iā€™m under stress, when iā€™m busy, iā€™m under stress, etc. Iā€™ve been a member since July 2020 and the app keeps getting busier. Too much stuff going on inside the app to keep track of.

Assume itā€™s because iā€™ve been a member for almost three years, but i have a zoom call tomorrow with a whoop member services rep. 30 minute call and totally unprompted. Just showed up in my email.

Anyone else get this?

Iā€™ll be expressing some frustrations and but overall good feeling towards whoop. Itā€™s been an amazing motivator over the last few years and iā€™ve never exercised more in my life.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten that. I agree, the app does seem busy now. But I really am impressed with the new features they are rolling out. One of my biggest gripes with Whoop from when I started wearing one has been the lack of accumulating strain during weight lifting. I lift 3+ times a week and not accumulating strain during a good, high intensity lift was frustrating.

1 Like

For some reason Iā€™m just going through this thread and would love to get in on the group if it is still active! My username is @CharlesBacle. Thanks in advance! @IlliniGolferHack

I see similar but in a low stress guy in general.

But I could see their thought process of elevating in heart rate being related to stress. Doesnā€™t work great for me. But not going to hate on them for trying some new stuff.

Built out my back & bicep dumbbell routine into Strength Trainer yesterday and took it for a spin.

Iā€™m intrigued! Asking about RPE, tracking tonnage, and all that seems to be a huge leap forward for tracking and training.

A workout thatā€™s usually coming in around 6, recorded at 11.8 strain.

Will be interesting to get more loaded in and see how they play out.

3 Likes

I really want to be able to edit what is featured on the app. Right now the stress meter is above the strain/recovery graph on the overview page. I really couldnā€™t care less about the stress and would like to move it below the strain graph

1 Like

Had an upper body workout yesterday that is usually somewhere between 5-7 and the strength trainer recorded it as a 11.4 strain. Hitting legs today and curious how high that strain will be

2 Likes

Very excited to see leg day and compare too. Leg day beats me up. Assuming itā€™ll show 14-15+ strain.

2 Likes