Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2024 (Chicago, IL)

Been there. To this day I have PTSD when setting alarms go WBC. 3 alarms & 2 devices :joy:

5 Likes

I shared on the discord but I too missed this week. My car keys are in my backpack at my office. That was a fun realization at 4:30!

2 Likes

Missed you guys out there this morning. The sunrise was hazy but the first group still went out early. I think next week the first tee shot may be pre 5am

3 Likes

Felt empty out there as a twosome but always a good time w/ @treeputttim and his girl Mackenzie.

Also - just threw some openings on the sub sheet for 7/6 and 8/3

5 Likes

i am again, raising my hand as a sub for next week

4 Likes

Who created the WBC logo? Do we have a .png file of it without a background?

Looking at some potential gear options out of curiosity

3 Likes

Coffee tumbler?

1 Like

@FlapjackNickelsack

don’t think i can post the link to the GDrive but hit me with a google email and i’ll share it with you @rmbartell

1 Like

I know we here at NLU are a Rhoback shop but I would like to publicly disavow any and all references to a certain “brunch ball” as made herein.

5 Likes

Hahaha

‘Brunch’ is for those who aren’t crazy enough to wake up at 4am to play golf with the guis so I stand with your comment.

#BreakfastNotBrunch

5 Likes

Happy Monday y’all! Welcome to what will one of our 3 earliest weeks of the year.

We have 8 weeks left of the regular season and our leaderboard is getting quite packed.

Weather for Thursday is looking suspect but I’m sure it will change between now and then.

5:04 @tmstrods @ChiFFI @Lockwoodj14 @JAD
5:11 myself, @TheAbeFroman @Cswartz and @WillyK
5:18 @Ballgame @treeputttim bartell and @Wheel

4 Likes

How’s the Birdie challenge looking?

I’ll get those stats out tomorrow.

In honor of the US Open tomorrow I’m bringing some rolled back balls to play if anyone wants to partake

5 Likes

In honor of Phil at the US Open, gonna put a shot on the concession stand on the last hole.

5 Likes

Was on the precipice of a big score (for me) today until I doubled 6 on 3x tilt for a -12. Par threes have my friggin number this year.

86% fairways though which definitely kept things alive. Every time I crushed a drive I’d get to the ball and be 20yds behind @Ballgame … need to hit the squat rack

6 Likes

Thinking about my game specifically at breakfast ball and struggling to determine if I’ve -

1. Plateau’d
  2. Reached my max potential
  3. Need to rethink my strategy at Syd entirely

Anyone else have a similar experience?

8 Likes

All gas, no brakes. Conditions mean 40% luck.

3 Likes

Believe @Ballgame and I discussed this but any chance of making a 15 - 20 footer just goes out the window. Lot of “easy par but hard birdies” out there.

4 Likes

Ton of credit to the commish for putting some US Open pins out there. 4, 5, 7 all devious. Even 2 and 6 were tucked deep threatening any long miss with a difficult up and down. 3 really played into everyone’s typical short right miss into the pit of despair (depression of desolation?). If only he could convince the super to let the greens dry out a little and we’d be cooking with gas (and maybe able to make a putt outside of 7 feet).

5 Likes