Virtual Border Battle Between TSC and NSU

Hello fellow polite Midwesterners. @Battisstatus and @mikedabomb have come together to set the groundwork for a border battle at X-Golf before the outdoor season kicks off.

When? Saturday March 16th 2024 8pm to 11pm
Where? Depends, each roost will host at an X-Golf location.
Who? @SupperClub and @NorthStarUnited
What? Ryder Cup style matches, likely fourball between the two roosts.

Well, MGB, how do I sign up, you ask. Great question.

@Battisstatus made us a spreadsheet. Please use the tab that corresponds to the correct roost for you.

We will need groups of 4 to make this work. 8 will be the start, 12 will be great, and 16 will be a stretch goal.

If you will wish to join, I’m sure bays can be arranged on both sides so you can come and enjoy time with your fellow roost mates.

8 Likes

Battle for the aXe-Golf

12 Likes

If anyone is interested in having someone with a complete mental block with hitting a driver off mats and routinely shoots double their hcp on sim golf, let me know!

5 Likes

We’re renting out the entire XGolf in Mequon and only 8 will be doing the Ryder Cup. So come on up! We’ll figure out some other fun shit to do with prizes from NLU prize box …

3 Likes

They have some new fun mini games that don’t require a driver.

3 Likes

Yo @golfnsloth I think he is talking about us!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Does the inaugural Roost winner get to create the trophy for future tournaments? Either way, very excited to play

2 Likes

I’ve got the trophy ready - maybe it is a winner paints the axe for the year.

Unfortunately will be in the air to Asia for this battle!

12 Likes

3 Likes

If we want to keep with the Gopher/Badger Axe, maybe two golf clubs, preferably blades, welded together creating an axe (shoutout YOTB). Hockey sticks would also work

The Culvers Cup or Jug (think Stanley cup or Claret Jug, but obviously with a Culvers cup to drink out of on top)

Since most of us prefer a stiff drink after the round, and as an act of good faith to The Supper Club, some sort of commemorative cocktail glass

Anyone else have a fun idea or two?

1 Like

Ready for Saturday

Well this is unsatisfying

In case anyone cares:

5 Likes

4 Likes

Missing that birdie put on 16 will haunt my dreams

1 Like

We’re still processing over here, but it feels very no bueno.

1 Like

@SupperClub @NorthStarUnited

Very exciting border battle that…ended in a tie.

As everyone should know, the stakes for the match were losing team had to buy Maxamania raffle tickets. Since it was a tie, @bignanski and I have conferred and agreed both sides will be purchasing raffle tickets. If you participated in the event here you go:

Touch scene where somehow @FreshCoastFlock and @Manhattan come out as the winners of this event.

5 Likes

I’d like to thank my driver for showing up last night and @Amholzman24 for going full “en fuego” on the back 9.

10 Likes

The real winners are the friends we somehow couldn’t close out along the way.

Also the GFPD.
Also also, potentially everyone who buys tickets and might come away with sweet prizes.

3 Likes