Trap Draw: Tron vs Buc-ees + sports talk, fun and yuks w/ KVV

Casey’s has expanded into NW Ohio and it’s been very “ok” considering we are surrounded by Speedway. Speedway is a fully functional gas station and a place to get a fountain drink and mass manufactured candy. Speedy Cafe’s are usually passable but Casey’s has given us that extra little option. Still not anything compared to Sheetz or Wawa but it’s what we’ve got.

1 Like

I don’t understand what their goal is these days. They sold all their small town stores to Casey’s but they keep building more and more stores in the cities. Casey’s has a stranglehold on rural Iowa and it’s annoying.

He apparently had some legal troubles or something. Not sure of the real story but there is a reason that they don’t sell lottery tickets there.

For the Texas locations, there is a great selection of gaudy belt buckles or colorfully stained tiles. The clothing/homegoods section is like a 1/3 of the damn store, it’s a sight to see.

Also, no semis allowed. Keep that clutch humming to the nearest Flying J, buddy.

2 Likes

I always feel something is amiss if I do that. Sure it’s cheaper. Sure it’s more efficient.

But my road trip north doesn’t feel right unless I stop off at the Superpumper in Cheyenne WY for gas and a bevvie, regardless of need.

4 Likes

Is Burrow The Kid?

obama-wtf

I’m right here guys. Show a little respect.

2 Likes

It is a bowl filled with your choice of mashed potatoes or stuffing (or how I do it - combo of both) topped with hot Turkey slices, gravy and cranberry sauce.

They bring it out seasonally -usually in late sept they start it. It’s around literally to thanksgiving then POOF it’s gone until next year.

I eat an average of probably 1.5 of them a week during that time. Please don’t look up the nutritional facts. Lolol.

6 Likes

Thank you. I want it.

3 Likes

Love the shoutout from @KVV for the Leatherstocking course! Love that place. Really fun and interesting Deveraux Emmitt gem.

Played it a few times with my dad about 25 years ago. Got back there this summer and made my first two eagles in back to back rounds this summer.

Check it out.

2 Likes

A couple of notes on the pod:

  • Wawa is an operational mess in Florida. Expanded aggressively until ~2019 then slammed on brakes due to operational issues. They’ve started expanding in FL again, but slowly.

  • The rumor is Wawa and QuikTrip have a handshake agreement not to expand in each other’s territory.

2 Likes

So does that mean Buc-ees will play the role Big Urb played at OSU?

I told the boys that anyone who made it to the end of the pod should have been rewarded with a secret code for 10 percent off in the shop or something but maybe if we ever break this record, I’ll offer to record a free birthday greeting in the Gary Player voice for anyone who reaches the 4 hour mark and can prove it.

31 Likes

I made it this far before I checked to see how long the pod was. Triple-checked to confirm I wasn’t 1:30 into a 1:48 pod, but instead 1:30 into a 3:18 pod. “Good Lord KVV has spent half of the month of January on NLU pods.”

6 Likes

My aunt and uncle met at Johnny Bench’s HOF induction - maybe the big guy will have similar luck at Votto’s!

6 Likes

That’s fantastic!

Of which QuickTrip is the superior.

But the list has to be

1- Buc-ees
.
.
.
.
2 - QuickTrip
3 - Casey’s

1 Like

:goat:

I can’t believe people argue over which awful gas station food is better.

2 Likes

Well see, in this case, the food isn’t awful. Buc-ees smokes brisket, pulled pork, ribs, chicken, etc. on site and then throws them in breakfast tacos or sandwiches. They also make fudge and other desserts there too. The back half of a Buc-ees, split horizontally, is a gigantic kitchen and their food is all amazing. Beaver Nuggets are the only thing that I think is overrated. I prefer their chocolate dipped pecans any day of the week.

5 Likes