Trap Draw: Tron vs Buc-ees + sports talk, fun and yuks w/ KVV

What are you new here?

3 Likes

Stuff me like a Cornish hen with the fresh roasted cinnamon sugar pecans.

3 Likes

image

4 Likes

I fucking hate that I now understand references to stupid TikToks

1 Like

I really enjoyed KVV’s insight into the Rodgers piece. I don’t have any real feelings on Rodgers other than he seems to think his shit doesn’t stink, but I appreciated KVV letting Rodgers get all his batshit crazy ideas out there without a slant.

5 Likes

Have you ever eaten beaver nuggets like cereal? Fill up a bowl with them and dump some milk on top…shit is life changing.

5 Likes

I’ve only gotten through the early minutes in and already to come here because I feel like I’ve been personally victimized by Tron Carter’s Wawa takes as it was a centerpiece of both my childhood and adult life. But like he said everyone over rates what is local to them…but at the same time saying it is no different than Sheetz hurts my soul.

1 Like

as a browns fan I encourage @Randy to enjoy the hell outta this ride. Last year at this time we were having all those same conversations about the future of the Browns and how we were at the beginning of a window of prosperity with a franchise QB. Burrow >> Baker but things change really fast in the NFL. Ride the wave

3 Likes

There used to be a rumor about that in PA with Wawa and Sheetz. It’s certainly not true anymore (if it ever was true).

1 Like

Tron counting all the NFL teams he roots for.

17 Likes

TREATY Organization

1 Like

First Trap Draw and now CBS Sunday Morning just aired their feature on Buc-ees.

6 Likes

My wife did not share my enthusiasm when I saw that feature start

1 Like

Might have to plan a trip to Buc-ee’s, need some fresh chopped brisket on the board. Also, starting wage is $15/hr plus benefits, way ahead of its time in Texas

5 Likes

My hot take on this Buc-Ees hoopla is that it strikes me as identical to the cult following that Chick-Fil-A and In-n-Out have, except it’s a gas station which is somehow more pathetic.

Send tweet.

5 Likes

As a big fan of longform journalism, the New Yorker PNW earthquake piece that they reference is right in my wheelhouse.

As a resident of the PNW (actually, the PSW of Canada), I will also likely never read that piece. I have enough existential dread in my life.

5 Likes

My only way of not letting it stress me out too much is hoping it would at least kill me instantaneously

5 Likes

Is anyone else bummed out that the boys have departed from the format of ā€œvisitingā€ a tourney location each week and chatting with a ā€œlocalā€ about the scene? Obviously, the schtick could not go on forever. But I miss the suspense of finding out where they decided ā€œto goā€ and who they decided to chat with about it. Definitely have learned things about certain places that I took into consideration on my next visit. Plus we miss out on the grocery store talk.

I recognize I may be in a very small minority.

8 Likes

Yes and no.

I imagine it’s very situational.

Some locations are probably interesting enough to merit a repeat, but others…meh.

I’m butthurt my city got skipped but I also understand it. I would have skipped San Antonio before I moved here.

1 Like