Trap Draw: Tron vs Buc-ees + sports talk, fun and yuks w/ KVV

TIL there’s QuikTrip and Kwik Trip.

7 Likes

Honestly, Buc-cees has a better selection than our HEB.

1 Like

Based on name alone, it’s Kum & Go for me

2 Likes

My small town is getting a Casey’s next spring, I’m very excited since our one gas station is the worst.

I emailed Kwik Trip for years asking them to cross the border.

2 Likes

Their breakfast pizza screams “yeah, sex is cool but have you ever…”

2 Likes

Kwik Trip breakfast pizza is just as good too if you haven’t dabbled.

2 Likes

I knew there was a reason I loved you

1 Like

Earthquakes and Volcanoes so disrespected.

3 Likes

Not much else to say…Russia Expansion = good, Buc-ee’s Expansion = bad

15 Likes

I drive back and forth between Minneapolis and my home town in Iowa all the time. I will only stop at Casey’s. Catching “beef” pizza in the spinner is always a good sign that its gonna be a great trip.

4 Likes

Casey’s quality has taken a SERIOUS dive the last year or two. It feels like they decided to spend money on marketing instead of staffing and products and it is definitely showing.

2 Likes

Could this be location driven? Of the 4 here in Iowa City area, there is only one I avoid, and that is due to their weird insistence on making square pizzas a la The Roll Up 'Za of my public school lunch childhood. I’ll certainly agree with consistency issues.

It could be. I find myself preferring Kum and Go if it’s available anymore though.

2 Likes

I have not. I have dabbled in the significantly more reckless cheeseburger / breakfast sandwich department, from which I came away pleasantly surprised. Pastry selection is a plus at KT, but the one I frequent near work has a Hurts Donut Shop in the next building over that steals my money on the reg as the kids say.

1 Like

Iowa City builds a new Kum and Go every 4 blocks on a cadence no other construction outfit can match. As soon as one has a roof, they are prepping the next site. I assume its mostly funded by Busch Latte sales.

2 Likes

Ya, we’ll go to the one in Ennis if needed but we aren’t messing around with the Madisonville zoo anymore

1 Like

Hope the fact that the CEO is an Texas A&M graduate won’t hurt how @Tron feels about Bucees

A real interesting thing about Buc-ee’s is that the original big ones (outside of the surfside beach location) were built at the half way points between Lake Jackson (where Beaver lives) and other major cities in Texas. He also built one halfway between LJ and College Station since he’s an aggie, Eagle Lake which is close to the halfway point from LJ to Austin, Madisonville to Dallas, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, the Madisonville location is a huge part of my aversion. On that DAL-HOU trip, there are so many other quick options just to the north and just to the south of that. Denton can be similarly chaotic.

2 Likes

Please explain the gobbler bowl

1 Like