Tiki at the Kiki (OATW Roost) 6/4

Thanks for the suggestions @DingleJones & @Brick , think @schirmert and I landed in the holiday inn in mentor for accommodations so we’ll probably be looking for options around there, looks like a couple decent places at least.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Not a bad choice. That Happy Moose bar is fine. Pretty standard. If you want more craic, though, I’d do Barrio or Sol in downtown Willoughby and wander down there a bit (only 2.5 miles away). Or even Panini’s on Euclid Ave - they have a good outdoor space.

1 Like

Also, I’m not sure who is organizing the event (OP is @flanwilder so maybe you, Jim), but I have a prize for whomever either comes in just outside the NIT spots or dead last, depending on whether we consider this a consolation prize or a punishment.

It’s an authentic and authenticated 2016 PGA Championship flag, signed by the (alleged) winner, Jimmy Walker.

You might ask why I have this, and that’s a good question with a boring story… @Tron’s bit made me laugh. Some weeks passed. I then got drunk one night, placed a minimum (ironic) bid, and was the only bidder.

Very much looking forward to passing this on. Side note, I think the thing might be cursed like the friggin’ Jumanji board.

7 Likes

Their commitment to the bit is remarkable - making up merch for resale on a third party website and then getting it signed by the fake champion. Amazing!

4 Likes

I live in the area (less than a mile from Manakiki), and I would add Tavern Six to the list of good hangout places. Great patio and only a few miles from the course.

2 Likes

Would people prefer to do an organized drinks/ dinner spot after the event rather than a course hot dog and 9 extra holes?

Daniel Day Lewis is going to have to play Ted Bishop in the movie exposing the truth. The only actor who could fully commit to the role in the way the PGA has committed to the fraud.

1 Like

Thanks for calling out JT for dressing like the alleged ‘16 champ yesterday. Not a fake champion at all, but that scripting was a tough, tough scene.

1 Like

I’d vote for an offsite hang. Paninis, The Wild Goose would be good places to start with a large group.

1 Like

I second @joecline41.

Hey sorry to bother about this again but do we have any extra details about time? I see that 11:30 is the start time, but is it going to be a shotgun start or 10 minute tee times?

Im trying to plan out the rest of the day and just want a sense of when to make dinner reservations and things like that.

1 Like

Tee times starting at 11:30-1:50. Unfortunately they will not let us shotgun or do split tees, so everyone is going off of 1. Hoping to have tee times out Wednesday or Thursday next week. Hangout spot once people finish up and do scoring is Wild Goose in Downtown Willoughby Hill. They have a spot set aside for us starting at 5:30. People can come and go whenever. 18 green sits at the bottom of a little hill, so people can start to drink/hangout there as groups start to finish.

3 Likes

Are there still open spots? Got a local Clevelander/Scouser that wants to play.

Should be. Put it on the sheet

1 Like

There’s at least one opening now. I just had to remove myself due (once again) to work schedule being bonkers.

Last I checked there’s spots open. Sign ups are closing Wednesday so I can get tee times out for people to plan their day.

1 Like

Sorry fellas have to back out of this one have some problems at work and got to get them fixed this weekend

Last call for sign ups! The sheet is going to get closed tomorrow and tee times will be out Wednesday night/Thursday morning

1 Like

I will be playing this weekend, but I have to withdraw Kirtland CC as a hang after the round Saturday. We are potty-training our little one and I can’t saddle my wife with that much solo parenting (especially considering she has a trial coming up and I’m playing Friday evening as well). I can stay for an after round drink or two at Manakiki, but unfortunately, can’t go to a second location/host a hang.

3 Likes

Looking forward to getting out to another event; Maxamania was a blast. Happy to host at Oberlin Sunday if anyone wants to get out twice. I’ll be getting home from work travel late Friday otherwise I’d say that evening.

2 Likes