Tiki at the Kiki (OATW Roost) 6/4

Wish I could join this. Strongly encourage taking this generous invite—Oberlin slaps.

Interested

1 Like

Here are tee times for the event. I did my best to accommodate all the requests people sent in. We are going to cap sign ups to this list so we can give back those unused tee times to the course.

Wild Goose in Downtown Willoughby will have a spot set aside for us starting at 5:30 for a post round hang. People can come and go as they please. Looking forward to the weekend!

10 Likes

We had 1 more drop out. There is now 1 spot open without adding anymore tee times.

Anyone mind if I claim the last open spot for a (non-refuge) buddy of mine? And if we jumble times so that we’re paired together? Can’t edit the list anymore, but said buddy’s name is Scott.

LOT of prep today and tonight for tiki Drinks this weekend. The shareholders will not be getting there moneys worth out of me the next few days. Still have one more batch of stuff soaking overnight that will be ready tomorrow. Gonna be a great weekend

7 Likes

My dad dropped out last minute also. Has to coach a hoops game. Another opening now available in the final group off.

I’ll be posting the nuts and bolts of the day shortly

1 Like

@Browcoww77 @flanwilder Not sure who has edit access - but if we’re good with my buddy Scott claiming one of the open spots, I (Vinny) am more than happy to slide back to the last tee time with him. It looks like both openings are at the last, so it should be an easy update. Will also put less stress on my drive up from Cinci :rofl:

1 Like

Count him in. Tee times are still getting adjusted so he’s in. Check back tonight or tomorrow for adjusted times

1 Like

I may have missed it but is there any competition format for this, or just out there having fun? I don’t care either way, was just curious.

Here are updated times. We had a few more subs/drop outs, so everyone please double check your tee time.

5 Likes

Obligatory Tiki logistics post

1. Like LIV and 3LG our tee time and participant situation is somewhat fluid with some participants having to back out recently due to potential sponsor (significant other) backlash. That being said we currently have ~40 participants ready to take on Kiki with some spots available for Denison (to be confirmed by @jgolf1 amd @methridge) check back later tonight/tomorrow for final tee time confirmation

2. First group off is at 11:30am and we’ll be going off every 10 or so minutes from then. Given the volume that Kiki sees on the weekends we couldn’t shotgun it so we’ll do it the old fashioned way. Given the nature of the tee times there likely won’t be formal opening remarks, come early and grab a pop though.

3. Game is stableford quota format. Quota is 36 less your course handicap. I believe the pts are 6pts for a jumbo bird. 4 for a birdie. 2 for par and 1 for a bogey. Doubles and worse are nothing burgers. As far as gimmes and hitting cups are concerned - see bylaw 1A Don’t be a Scumbag. Playing Gold/ one up tees

4. $10 cash if you want to participate in the skins game

5. Merch packs and OATW headcovers/pouches will be available for purchase - plan accordingly

6. Participants are urged to Venmo $20 to @Jim-Flannery (last 4 are 2560) for charitable giving to our local First Tee, not required but appreciated. Green fee will be paid in the clubhouse upon arrival.

7. Gross points champ gets a dope bag tag to rep status

8. Note there is no range at Kiki. There is a pseudo range warmup area but you must shag your own balls at your own risk

9. After party at Wild Goose in downtown Willoughby post round and scoring. @Browcoww77 set us up for a spot there to come and go starting at 5:30

10. Tropical attire is encouraged

Have fun. Don’t get hurt. Don’t be a scumbag. Mega thanks to @Browcoww77 @methridge and others for helping get this thing off the ground. Admittedly a little rough around the edges but hopefully we can make it a kick @$$ annual event.

13 Likes

Fuck it, I’m out.

1 Like

I hope you’re sharing!

1 Like

I can make a sick hurricane. Had my parents off their rockers a couple years ago on Fat Tuesday in Florida.

2 Likes

We will have 10 (ten) OATW Championship spots up for grabs.

Do not worry about marking your own points, I will only need your gross scores on the card.

Keep up with the group in front of you, don’t be afraid to pick up at double.

Merch bags are $10 each.

5 Likes

I was going to ask about merch bags. Venmo good?

5 Likes

See you soon

7 Likes