Tiki at the Kiki (OATW Roost) 6/4

Thanks for setting it up @Brick! Passing along my confirmation that I’d still be in for the Friday round.

2 Likes

As far as Saturday post round, I’ll go wherever the majority goes. Whether it be KCC or somewhere else. Thanks again @Brick.

1 Like

@Brick I am in for the Friday 6/3 round at Kirtland. Thanks a ton for the opportunity, am sure it will be a treat! Saturday post-round I am in for whatever the group decides, though I do like the short course/night putting idea!

3 Likes

I would still be in for Friday round if available. Amazing generosity.

1 Like

Please add @twturner and myself to the waitlist (unless that filled up too).

1 Like

I am 100% in for both, thank you for setting this all up, I’m really looking forward to it.

1 Like

Again, @Brick, thank you for the invitation and hospitality. I’m in for the round on Friday, and my interest is piqued re: short course on Saturday night.

1 Like

You can take me off the waitlist…will be at Big Cedar Lodge that entire pre-week and do not yet know my Friday travel schedule home.

Special place fellas…enjoy!!!

5 Likes

Thank you for setting this up @Brick . Looking forward to teeing it up with all of you guys that Friday at Kirtland and Saturday at the Tiki!!!

1 Like

Good for the Saturday hang

Hey there’s still time to sign up right? I’ve got two friends coming from out of town that weekend and would love to bring them around.

Edit: if we can’t We’ll take the tee time before the first group and play very slow

5 Likes

Still open - feel free to sign up for everything and everyone!!

1 Like

Do we have a block of hotels for Friday night?

If not any recommendations? Hotel? AirBnB? Food? Drink?

1 Like

Also pretty much right off the freeway so there are a number of hotels.

2 Likes

That’s how close lodging and chain food is too. Literally on the other side of the freeway.

3 Likes

Are you coming for the weekend or just the night? I think I could help get you squared away. Despite its reputation Cleveland is a very fun place to visit in the summer.

I think as sort of a general PSA, manakiki is about 20 minutes east of downtown Cleveland, but Porco (the tiki bar) and a lot of other stuff is in and around downtown so my recommendation is to stay around there.

My geographic preferences:

1. Tremont. Just south of downtown, quick Uber ride to anywhere, and where Porco (and like 4 other awesome cocktail places) is. I would recommend staying north of 490 and east of 71/90 if you stay here.

2. Ohio city: quick Uber to Tremont, also fun area with bars and stuff. I’d recommend checking out west 25th street on Google maps to get an idea of what you’re in for. Very short Uber/Lyft to Tremont. Lot of nice neighborhoods though, just double check street view or ask here if you want to know more about an Airbnb.

3. downtown: little bit of everything. I imagine most people will be heading somewhere in (1) or (2), although if you’re looking for any late night stuff west side of downtown will be your spot.

For some reason Tremont has like 4 absolutey incredible cocktail places. The tiki place Porco is a personal favorite, but I HIGHLY recommend everyone go to cloak and dagger if they can. You’ll probably need a reservation, but I seriously can’t recommend it enough. Velvet tango room is also excellent as is spotted owl. Then you have literary tavern which also makes great cocktails.

I’ve got beer recommendations too, but I’ll save that for another post.

7 Likes

Was hoping to host a group or two at Oberlin that Friday evening but have to go to a work conference in Jersey 6/2-6/3. Still looking forward to Saturday’s festivities. I’m in Tremont and can confirm that there’s lots of options.

3 Likes

…add Prosperity Social Club to that list, and I’ll allow it. lol

1 Like

Can I be a tentative sign up. I’ll have my new schedule soon and plan on scheduling around this but just in case I can’t. Absolutely plan on making it though

Fer sher