Tiki at the Kiki (OATW Roost) 6/4

A certain wedding of Refuge fame is taking place that night and I may or may not know where the afterparty is. My lips are sealed though without the groom’s blessing.

3 Likes

“Botany bay???”

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

1 Like

Can confirm. Mullarky’s may be the drunkest bar in Ohio. I prefer the wild goose, love their food.

1 Like

I was about to respond saying how Guisen Haus in Canton was my favorite bar in college and my world got ROCKED to find out they closed down.

I’m so shook I don’t know what to do.

Frank and Tony’s in its hey day had to be in the running for drunkest bar in Ohio. Then they took the foosball table out, got rid of the 32 oz. Wonton drafts, and put in a bunch of craft beer taps and ruined it all.

2 Likes

I did rideshare driving precovid for extra cash, and had a pretty good handle on the drunkest bars in NEOH. Mullarkeys and Merry Arts in Lakewood were first team.

2 Likes

Had a few nights at merry arts. Definitely first team all state. That claw machine is unstoppable.

1 Like

10-12 at Southern Tier. The more the merrier.

3 Likes

Bunch of my old HS friends frequent Merry Arts….checks out

2 Likes

I live walking distance from Merry Arts, can confirm this.

2 Likes

I live a few blocks from Merry Arts as well. Special place. We should grab some drinks and some of Patty’s tacos.

1 Like

Hey all!

It’s been a minute (I’ve been swamped), but I have finally spoken with our pro. I can host 11 people for a round at Kirtland on Friday June 3rd, the day before the Kiki. It would have to be after 2p.

Cost would be $120 for the round + cart fee if you want it. We are free to walk, as well, and push carts are available, too. I should mention that the back nine is an absolute brute of a walk.

As for Saturday June 4th after the event, it sounds like bar hopping is on the table, so this may be moot at this point… there is a wedding and another event at the club that night, so nothing special is really in the cards. But, there is the option to head over to the Kirtland, have drinks, and screw around on the four-hole wedge and putting greens/short game area. There’s even the possibility of trying to get out and play a few extra holes, depending on timing and how busy the course is (pretty dead that late, tbh).

Playing 9 holes (if we were to able to get a full 9 in) would be $60 per person, and we’d probably need to carry and walk given the late time). There’d be no charge to just hang out and screw around on the short course (other than drinks/food, if you wanted those - first round of drinks is on me).

Please respond to this and let me know who is interested in 1) the Friday afternoon round or 2) Saturday after event drinks and hang.

I will go back through and look at the above responses first for spots in the Friday round, confirm interest/availability with those who have already responded, and then fill in the rest of the spots with responses to this post.

Cheers all! Glad the weather is finally turning around (ish).

6 Likes

Dibs! I think I was one of the first responses but putting my name back in. We were just discussing this at Cincy the past weekend, heard even more great things about it.

1 Like

Would love to play Friday at KCC. Most gracious of you to set it up.

1 Like

UPDATE: there were already 13 responses indicating interest in the Friday round lol, so see below here for the Friday round info →

UPDATED First 11 (you have a spot unless you can’t make it for some reason. Please let me know, one way or the other):

@Creags @schirmert @Gobrownies09 @ryan.palm @Buck @MDM @Biarritz @nohio @Ajstew61 @papateeps

4 Likes

[UPDATED]…and also @Browcoww77 because for some reason you can only mention 10 people in a single post.

UPDATED Waitlist is:

@JoshInCLE @methridge and @twturner

1 Like

Thanks again for setting this up. I’m for the Friday round and most likely in for a Saturday hang

2 Likes

Definitely in for golf, looking forward to it! Thanks for setting this up @Brick !

2 Likes

Looks like you got a waiting list so please add my name to that! Grew up caddying there and would love to get back out there if a spot frees up.

1 Like

Can confirm you are all in for a treat. May try to stay out on the east side Friday night. If so I’ll join you for post round drinks.

2 Likes