Tiki at the Kiki (OATW Roost) 6/4

I’m in for Kirtland if possible

A little father for me to walk to now (I live extremely close to the old Banter location)…but will be worth the walk!!!

1 Like

Just booked flights. Down to split an Airbnb/VRBO. Just need to figure out if I want to rent a car or Uber.

1 Like

Newer to the refuge. Feeling my way around. The will be my first event. Looking forward to it. Any tips on other threads to connect are welcome.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard! The Ohio roll call is a great place to start. Lots of quality conversations, and some not so much, behind the Nest paywall. Between the Refuge, access to meetups, etc. I feel I get my 90.00 worth but YMMV.

place-has-everything-bill-hader

…feet pics, movie clubs, arguments about fake golf courses.

5 Likes

Don’t forget about the Silk Road and duck racing.

1 Like

I removed my name from the list.

One can only have so many weekend trips without the wife and kid … but Dead and Company is calling my name on 6/22 in Cincy.

6 Likes

I run a Monday league at Kiki. I’m not sure who’s taking the lead, but if there’s nothing you need help with, I have pretty good relationships with the folks up there. Let me know.

4 Likes

Clearly I meant *anything. Lol.

1 Like

Have we decided if we’re doing quota for this yet? Friday rounds? After golf drinks?

Quota Yes
Drinks Yes
Friday Unclear

2 Likes

Are porco drinks the after round spot?

God I wish I could come to this one.

Taking my son to his first MLB game that weekend to celebrate the end of tee ball.

Side note: looks like it’s a drinks only place? Imagine most people will be hungry after. Could be the after, after round place though

Also side note: this was addressed earlier in the thread. Ignore the idiot Hoosier

3 Likes

If people are looking for food and drink post round, there’s a couple bars/restaurants a quarter mile away from the course. Wright place, the firehouse, and wood room are all next to each other and provide a completely different atmosphere in each one. Wright place is your typical bar with decent bar food. Firehouse has a great patio and good food. They have a couple pool tables and usually have good people watching later on at night. Wood room is a chill martini bar but not super hoity toity. Not sure on food there but I’d imagine they at least have appetizers. If we’re going all out tiki then porco is the move but like mentioned before it’s about 20-25 minutes away from the course.

1 Like

1 Like

Also, for those that really want to turn it up, downtown willoughby is right up the road with a ton of bars to hop around and get your fill.

1 Like

Tavern 6 is also right down the road in Kirtland, which has a great patio.

Is that the place next to godfathers III? If so, great patio.

Edit: Never mind, I was thinking of local tavern. Went to tavern 6 before a wedding reception. Great patio.

1 Like

Breweries, food halls or any big spaces with counter service will be best for post golf libations. Flexibility is your friend.

3 Likes