The Super Bowl Cup (Phoenix, AZ): 2022, February 11 - Aguila Golf Course (Players Finalized)

I’ll wait until at least Tuesday when I talk to Aguila to see if it’ll be worth looking into a new date.

1 Like

Am good that entire weekend with whatever dates are finalized. Other idea would be to identify a course with 36, and see if we could do 27 (back nine morning tee off, break, then 18 on the second course). Aguila is a good muni track either way, so hopefully that works out.

Thanks for the update. I really hope I can make it. Don’t know my work schedule this flat yet. Reading through the thread a few others mentioned Saturday or Sunday. I definitely vote for that.

Looking forward to it either way

Just signed up! I’m a big NLU fan but am new to the refuge and moved out to Phoenix from Philly in August. Looking forward to meeting some new guys and playing some golf

8 Likes

Encanto also has a 9 hole par 3 course as an option. Downside being that neither the 9- or 18-hole courses are as good as the offerings at Aguila and 500 Club. Also the 9 hole course clubhouse is at a different spot than the 18-hole clubhouse, so a little less convenient.

Papago is probably a devil to book tee times at but if we went there, we could maybe try to reserve morning spots at Rolling Hills on the other side of the zoo?

Papago availability on the 11th haha

what I would expect, for sure

UPDATE

I called Aguila this morning, and we are on the books for Friday 2/11. Just awaiting the contract email.

28 people
$115 per player
2 rounds at the 9 hole short course starting at 8am
1 round at the 18 hole course starting at 12pm

7 Likes

This is fantastic!

2 Likes

Does this include the charitable donation? I like the idea of First Tee of PHX

2 Likes

No, this is just for the tee times.

I forgot to confirm on the phone, but I’m guessing this price includes a cart for those wanting to ride. I’ll confirm that once I get the contract email.

1 Like

Thank you, my dood! This is amazing.

1 Like

Cleaned up the spreadsheet a bit – add your team preference (just update E/F) and if you’re confirmed. Obviously nothing to do for payment just yet, but the column is there for the future

1 Like

Were we thinkin the format would be match play or stroke play?

The way I understood it is 3 separate matches of match play

9 fourtball
9 alt shot
18 singles

2 Likes

Just signed up, this is awesome! Go Cards!

1 Like

Just for full confirmation, can you go ahead and add “yes” to the confirmed column as well.

You got it, just updated it

1 Like

Contract details:

• Luckily no deposit is required, and everyone can pay individually when they check in under the Ferramola Group.
  • As you can see, cart fee and range balls are included. I believe the 9 hole course is walking only, but walking is also allowed on the 18 hole course.
  • Final player count is due by 2/4, so please confirm you are good to participate by January 31st. Gives us a couple of days to scramble if need be.

**under the Notes section, I will make sure it’s revised to say 28 players like it says above.

5 Likes

This is awesome - nicely done, Kyle. Thanks for spearheading this. Very much looking forward to this!

2 Likes