The Showdown in South Florida Part II May 21st 2022 @PGA Golf Club

Pairings are live!

might have another add by the time the event swings around,
hopefully I’ve honored all requests, let me know if I missed someone.

14 Likes

Just a heads up, going to be dropping the info for the 50/50 raffle

Also will be raffling off gift certificates to the NLU Pro Shop.

9 Likes

Guis

Dropping the 50/50 raffle info tomorrow morning
Also an update dealing with replay rounds

Take it away @MerchCzar
cOol3i4y4GNtXqpBnT

5 Likes

Alright everybody here’s how the 50/50 raffle will work
$1 buys 1 ticket
Our main charity is the local humane society here in Vero Beach, both Ashley and I are huge advocates for rescue animals. They have done some amazing work in the community and helped us when we had to make the difficult decision to put our dog Tyler down after a long and happy life. Ashley had him before me and he really helped her go through a real tough spot in her life, she’s incredibly supportive with my golf addiction and it would really mean a lot if we could make a decent donation from this event.

Hit up the venmo @Andy-Nelson-70 and I will also be drawing numbers for two gift certificates to the NLU pro shop, one for $75 and one for $25.

Drawing will take place tomorrow at 9pm on this thread and the raffle is open to everyone on the refuge, shoutout @JohnP.

7 Likes

Replay rounds are definitely encouraged and should be booked tomorrow, I just checked the tee sheet and all three courses; Dye, Ryder, and Wanamaker have a ton of availability in the afternoon all courses are awesome and definitely worth the loop.
We are planning on meeting/collecting scorecards on the back patio of the club house and having lunch while watching everybody come in.

This time tomorrow we will all be on the course!

2 Likes

Let’s throw a skins game, money round, wolf hammer or something together in the afternoon - who’s in?

1 Like

Well, what’s the Venmo?

You cant wave a 50/50 in front of me and expect me not to bite!

Edit: were in. What a thrill

3 Likes

Will vouch for the Dye over the Ryder for any potential afternoon rounds. Ryder has a couple of interesting holes, but the Dye Course tests a lot of different shots and to me is more visually interesting. Happy to join up with others interested to play the Dye in the afternoon.

2 Likes

Have fun if you do, I thought about booking a replay but remembered I have a long overdue lesson that @PGA_ALLTHEWAY owes me from a raffle soo if he’s not too busy after the scorecard tallying…

5 Likes

I’m in for the Dye - never played it

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

Does anybody know what the locker room/shower situation is like at the course?

I too am in for a replay, I originally had to rush back home after golf but that is no longer the case.

5 Likes

In for 10 tix

1 Like

I might be able to swing lockers and showers, technically I am a member there and i know they have both.

Also everyone is riding in the tournament.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Would be much appreciated if it’s possible Andy, it’s going to be muggy tomorrow, so a shower and change before the afternoon 18 would be fantastic.

3 Likes

Just for the showers it might be a good idea to bring your own towel just in case. I can’t remember if they have them in there or not.

2 Likes

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Since we are playing quota, if you can’t make GROSS bogey or better please pick up. This golf course is a beast and I really want us to keep our pace firm at 4 hour maximum.

Your fearless leader is going off first and will be setting the pace.

Points follow standard money round scoring

ALL BASED on Gross Score

See you bright and early tomorrow!!

Range opens at 7am.

There is a strong possibility I might be grinding early with our coordinator before we start but everything will be dialed!!!
Craic The Fuck On!!!

6 Likes

GOOD MORNING DAMON!!!

6 Likes