The Showdown in South Florida Part II May 21st 2022 @PGA Golf Club

Great event, @PGA_ALLTHEWAY. We had an awesome time and the greens at PGA Village were :pinched_fingers:

7 Likes

Thanks to everybody for coming out, everyone had a total blast and the golf course definitely showed it’s teeth. Still processing how much fun today was.

Huge congratulations to our champion earning a spot in the NIT @LiveAdam

17 Likes

Wow! Congrats, @LiveAdam.

That birdie putt on 18 was clutch!

3 Likes

The conditties were a thing today. Fast and firm, winds gusting 30+ at times, bunkers that wouldn’t quit, but the overall fit and finish if the club and course were top notch. Stoked to have been able to play there. Huge thanks to @PGA_ALLTHEWAY for putting this together and hosting us.

Congratulations to @LiveAdam, a real people’s champ, for a well deserved win.

Now what’s up with that 50/50?!

6 Likes

Great question, the 50/50 closes at 8pm with the winner(s) announced at 9pm on the refuge so we are still collecting for a great cause!

1 Like

Huge thanks to @PGA_ALLTHEWAY for organizing the 2nd annual Showdown at South Florida! It was a smooth operation and PGA Club was an excellent and apt host given the other tourney going on this weekend.

I’m proud that I didn’t play the role of bad putter today, grinded out some tough pars and bogeys, and had 3 birdies, including the timely and eventual winner on 18.

Also shout-outs to @Big_RanDeer @JShades33 and @wmorton829 for taking a victory lap with me this afternoon on the Dye Course, had a blast!

Cheers!

8 Likes

50-50 Results

Winning the $75 to the pro shop
@JShades33

Winning the $25 to the pro shop
@Schikolas

Winning the pot of $210
@DrJBone

Congrats and thanks for the support!

10 Likes

Knew I shoulda bought more tickets

3 Likes

Thank you sir! Feels weird having my first (and only) win be our major. Am I Louis?
its-a-major-award-a-christmas-story

4 Likes

Don’t put that evil on yourself.

2 Likes

No, you made a putt when it mattered.

7 Likes

That’s because I wasn’t there. Had I been there, @LiveAdam would’ve missed every birdie putt he had!

4 Likes

As Nik said above, don’t put that evil on yourself. Not going to lie, I 3-putted the 1st and had a moment of panic recalling back to last year (and last week for that matter):

1 Like

Another event, another coughing soldier. Wife popped for COVID this morning. She was congested like crazy yesterday, tested negative yesterday morning and then popped positive this am. I’m negative for whatever that’s worth (for now) and feel fine.

Other than the congestion, she mentioned a coat on her tongue yesterday morning and today. She didn’t run a full on fever but said she felt warm last night.

Hope everyone else is clear and sorry I have to bring you this news.

1 Like

Does anyone have any photos from the event? If so, post them in here or send them to me via DM.

1 Like

Check with @dshaddy or our Roost Insta account.

2 Likes

IG photos don’t work well because you can’t download them

Sorry, just saw this

1 Like