The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Got a little meet up scheduled for our Gulf Coast chapter. Course will likely be Lakewood CC. If anyone outside the area is interested please sign up soon! It’s going to be a hoot!

2 Likes

Just added myself to the GB&I chapter

Definitely bring the sticks, mountain golf in July is prime!

2 Likes

Meet up Recap Post Below

PNW RACDG just wrapped up our first weekend of the year out here. Despite the ramping up of virus precautions, we still managed to get 8 of us together for our Winter Tilt Championship. Participants here,

From left to right: Josh (currently not a Refuge member), @MrVinegar206, @Sarah, Jonah (currently not a Refuge member) next to his brother @I_have_the_yips, @rabsie, @Mattyeds, and myself, @davidc.

The Saturday Championship was hosted at White Horse GC in Kingston, WA - which is a short ferry ride form Seattle if you’re on that side of the water - and was fought through some tough conditions, despite the apparent sun in this photo. @I_have_the_yips took home the W this week with a blistering 26 points. I’ll plug my back door solo 2nd via a birdie net jumbo bird on the 18th :grimacing: but I think we all agreed that @rabsie had the most exciting round, at one point threatening to drop a 40 bomb on us, prior to a few x3 Tilt implosions #yahatetoseeit

Following the crowning of our Champion, food, and drinks we took off on what ended up being my favorite part of the day; a four team, random partner draw, 2 person scramble in twilight. This is about halfway through the seven holes we got in,

(the cameras couldn’t capture how dark it was getting)

The match quickly evolved into a skins game that felt high stakes in the best way possible, although we never really discussed what the skins were :joy: @I_have_the_yips went back2back here with his partner, @Mattyeds, cemented by birdie’ing a three skin rollover par 5. Josh and Jonah somehow made it close when their plan to win the par 3 with rollovers came to fruition as Jonah hit what was probably the best shot of the day, a melted 8 iron from 173, in the cold, to about 4 feet (hit almost directly after someone questioning if it was really a Refuge meetup without an ace). In an attempt to showcase how far past dark we finished, here’s my shitty video of the last putt Jonah had to take us to a playoff (shoutout cell phone lights),

Afterwards we hit what I can only assume is the hottest, and only, brewery in downtown Kingston, which was fantastic. The following day @Sarah, @MrVinegar206, and myself met up for 18 at Gold Mountain Golf Club in Bremerton, WA. After a frost delay and paying our respects to the Greller Shrine, the cold broke and we ended up getting the best weather of the year so far. Saw a lot of great golf shots this weekend, but @Sarah took home the best of Sunday with an almost holed 7 wood to a pin tucked and elevated behind a bunker. Absolute dart. Great finish to a perfect weekend of golf.

That’s it for now - the others can feel free to chime in and tell me everything I forgot - otherwise new members/lurkers come get involved! We have more plans in the works and would love to see you (also check out roll calls for Oregon, BC, etc. or hit me up to get in the PNW group text)!

25 Likes

Can confirm. Best shot I’ve seen in a long time. She was about 160 out from the rough. Flag was tucked behind a bunker that had a downslope on the back of it guarding the flag as well. @Sarah launched that 7 wood up in the air and damn near jarred the thing. It wasn’t the only hole her gross score bested me and @davidc on Sunday, too!

Even though I played poorly the whole weekend, that 8 man scramble group was the most fun I’ve had playing golf in years!

Thank you, David, for putting together the weekend! It was a pleasure meeting, playing with, and watching you nuke back-to-back 290 yard drives in the cold and with no roll. Get that putter straightened out, and you’ve got mega potential.

@Sarah Thanks for driving down from BC and joining us. It was so cool to meet a Refuge Legend.

@I_have_the_yips Big congrats on the tourney win and “skins” win! Tell your brother to #GetInvolved on the 'Fuge.

@rabsie You hit some of your irons way too crispy to be a 20+. You’ve got potential, too.

@Mattyeds Congrats on the “skins” win. I would love the opportunity to play a full round with you soon! Tell Josh that he will make sense of the Oregon Trail thread eventually… hopefully

Let’s meet again again, soon!

5 Likes

We counting my sloppy bogey on the par 3 you boys both airmailed pitch shots? :joy:

2 Likes

Absolutely! And the par 3 before that where you ran it up, skirting the edge of the pot bunker, to 10 feet, too!

1 Like

Not sure how I’ve missed this thread over the past several months, but have now thrown my info into the google sheet Carolinas section and sent a message to my captain. Looking forward to getting involved.

5 Likes

New poster to the Refuge.
Interested in getting involved and meeting some of you.
Info being submitted. looking forward to this

3 Likes

New to the Refuge!!! My name is @JImmyNap and I am located in Rockland County, NY about 30 mins north of NYC. Looking forward to sharing my course horror stories with everyone. If there is a tree, no matter how small, I will find you and I will hit you as hard as I can. Even if it sends me back 150 yards. Right, @ChickPhilA? :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

True story.

Welcome! I live in Westchester and I’m the captain of the NYC sub-chapter. If you want to get involved in our What’s App chat shoot me a DM. I warn you it’s a VERY active chat where we talk about golf maybe 10% of the time.

@The_Cad_Says, Your Grace, just want to let you know the NYC sub-chapter has unanimously agreed that we hate The Big Snapple and have re-branded ourselves the “Metro Militia” since Philly and Boston have revolutionary names.

5 Likes

Classic New Yorkers, hate everything and have to have it their way

1 Like

can definitely get behind this rebranding

1 Like

Carolinas chapter- @hakimimj and I briefly discussed hosting a meet-up at Snee Farm this Spring (over in Roll Call SC thread). Date is TBD as we haven’t gotten that far, but I’m thinking April/May. Thought we’d share the word on here as well.

2 Likes

Duly noted. Have you changed it in the Roll Call too?

PNW RACDG cordially invites you all,

3 Likes

A short statement from the GB&I Chapter:

“Whilst we continue to monitor this developing situation, it’s recommended you take all necessary precautions to remain healthy, so you can squeeze as much golf as possible in to your disrupted work schedule / lockdown.

We encourage you to follow advice from professionals that are knowledgeable in this field, such as Club Pro Guy.”

21 Likes

Guise,

Had the pleasure of playing 2 rounds in the last week with @The_Cad_Says, and what a fine man His Grace is. 100% the gentleman in every arena. Our dishonorable society is in fine hands.

12 Likes

I have a question and I’m sorry if it’s been addressed:

Why isn’t anyone in the US Frozen North? It appears the MN dudes (and an ND dude) are in the Midwest West. I want to be in the Frozen North, dammit.

edit

Fuck it. I’m in the Frozen North, if anyone wants to join. Where you at, Montana?

2 Likes