The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Niceee, yeah as soon as I get the address where I’ll be staying I’ll start digging into possible golf courses. Would love to meet any of you guys for a round/beer too.

2 Likes

Funnily enough there has been chat about a RACDG meet up in Idaho in mid July and Calgary is in the catchment area (Pacific Northwest). So you could get to meet a bunch of us the first weekend you’re there!

3 Likes

No waaaaay! Hahahahaha that would be so so sooo cool. Count me in if this goes down.

1 Like

Love this, bring those clubs! I’ve been through Calgary a handful of times but haven’t golfed up there. Definitely will keep you in the loop for the July PNW RACDG event.

1 Like

Absolutely will do. Looking foward to meet fellow NLUpers and being part of a RACDG event.

1 Like

Big day for the Carolinas chapter. Big contingent of the north state side of things got together at The Muni here in Wilmington. Longer post to come tomorrow. I’m gonna go get hammered with my people :raised_hands:t3:

26 Likes

Congrats guys! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Who’s who?

2 Likes

There’s lots of good publicly accessible golf in and especially around Calgary. Keep an eye on the new Roll Call: Alberta thread too as there as there are plans to do probably monthly rounds amongst the dozen or so Calgary based refugees.

Keep in mind there is usually a hard stop on the golf season around the 10th of October.

From left to right: @franklinorr @Fluff @ATLtoRDU33 @Double_Bogey_Dave @paroutfromhere @ColoniusFunk

6 Likes

@Fluff you got to get a mustache working man sort of obligatory with the name :+1:

2 Likes

I’m the one that looks like Jerry Garcia circa 1980

5 Likes

The beard on @ColoniusFunk puts @tj_denawli to shame… phenomenal!!

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a solid beard! Wonder if my employer would say anything if I started pushing towards that?

This is where I’m currently at length wise. (Played a little ice golf this weekend for a fundraiser hosted at the local bar)

18 Likes

I’ve grown out my facial hair before. I think for everyone’s sake I should not try that again

1 Like

Just came across this now and love the idea of societies. I live pretty far from the others it seems but would like to sign up for Canada West. I’m from Saskatoon.

1 Like

Geez!! Flames, Jets or Oilers??

2 Likes

Left to right

@franklinorr @Fluff @ATLtoRDU33 @Double_Bogey_Dave myself and @ColoniusFunk

I’m not sure why but I stopped grabbing pics on the back. To be fair I was kinda lit and focusing on the community aspect of things.

Such a killer day, I was lucky enough to have both my random internet friends and my friends of the last few decades meet up. It was seamless which speaks to both groups of people. Condities were tough, the greens were in the best shape I’ve seen them in at least a month and the wind was CUTTING. I’m not sure about y’all but my face was windburned for sure haha. It was pretty damn cold at some points but the walk made it warmer. Overall I love this damn game and everything it has introduced in to my life. Cheers fellas, that was a hell of a day.

Shout out to frank and the sick ball markers he had made up!!

Photo dump

Double bogey Dave

FranklinOrr

My buddy Brian, like this shot a lot

My buddy James

6 Likes

Loving all the dead brown fairways. Grass doesn’t get dormant in the UK so it’s a cool look to me. Right now I’m also used to the grass being underwater. Horrendous winter.

2 Likes

Jets…moved here from Winnipeg a few years ago. I didnt grow up in Winnipeg though so missed Jets 1.0 as a kid. I was a Wings fan growing up as my family is from Windsor. My baseball team is still the Tigers as Windsor is the one place in Canada that are not Jay’s fans.

1 Like