The MN Match Play Thread - 2023 BRACKET POSTED - ROUND 1 UNDERWAY

@mikev16 has set us to to play our match on Friday 6/9 at 3:10 at Deer Run.

There are two spots open on the tee sheet if anyone would like to join/play their match. You will have to book it in their system.

Looking forward to it

2 Likes

Early morning tee time with @TSJ for round 1. I gave him 1 stroke which he did not need as I showed up with my 39 (going on 59) body and had some thoracic back spasms I was battling.

I was able to bring the match back to AS by the 12th tee but then Tommy went birdie-birdie and I just had no chance after that. Tommy won 3&2.

Great walk on a humid morning with Tommy and only wish I could have pushed him a bit more today.

10 Likes

It was a really fun day. Thanks again for getting me out! My legs are toast.

2 Likes

IMBOBBELL and I also had our match this morning.

Spent the first 14 holes sparring but no one getting too far ahead. I ended up 1up thru 14 and out of my 5 pops, which was concerning.

We both proceeded to play the next 4 holes even, trading pure shots and recoveries back and forth including dropping two dimes within 25ft on the Redan playing 195 today. We tied 14-18 ending with a nervy 4 footer that closed out the match for me 1up.

Great morning.

8 Likes

@Kolby got me 5&4 today. I didn’t play well but he torched the front. I battled early on the back to avoid a massive embarrassment, but he had everything working from the jump. A well deserved win. He’s also a good hang, so hopefully we can get a couple others for a round soon.

6 Likes

@FairwayHank and I played our match tonight at Pebble Lake in Fergus Falls. Nice course I haven’t been too in 20 plus years and we had great company.

I was able to advance 5&4.

2 Likes

Plenty of matches left in Round 1 with the (soft) deadline of 6/15 rapidly approaching! Have the following matches been scheduled?

@Billy_Baroo vs @TommyBuns
@bobs219 vs @QGorski
@swemas vs @TedMilky
@DrewMik vs @kirkeide1
@mstork vs @BruceyLucy

Or these?

@StrokesGainedDrunk vs @a-double-u
@bjd vs @OscarDeLaGorga
@mfowlds vs @Jsondergaard
@bbultman vs @JMK
@Crdallman vs @libraryTryhard

or @JT_Sing vs @jalper25?

I took down @DrewMik 4&3 at highland

2 Likes

We are playing Monday, still have one spot open at Links at Northfork 1p if anyone wants to join me, @mfowlds and @OnlyLayingUp

2 Likes

Playing this afternoon!

3 Likes

Yes - this Saturday

3 Likes

@TommyBuns and I are playing our match Sunday morning at Stoneridge.

2 Likes

We gotta stop giving all these Stoneridge guys home games - they get to set the course up how they want and its disgusting

10 Likes

Don’t let former members @billy_baroo or @bobs219 ever fool you. They were once members and know the place.

Pretty sure my cost per round this year will be over $100 and my guests pay $70-75+ tax. We are such bad guys especially when all I hear about these muni courses is how hard it is to get a tee time.

12 Likes

6 Likes

Hahahaha @Billy_Baroo requested it. Not sure what you mean by “set the course up”. I’m not out there with the greenskeeper setting pins or rolling greens.

4 Likes

When you state it plainly like that it kinda makes me think you are…

6 Likes

Can confirm that @TommyBuns and @charvey bribe the super to set comfy pin locations

2 Likes