The MN Match Play Thread - 2023 BRACKET POSTED - ROUND 1 UNDERWAY

Had a blast playing with @robmush this morning! I won 7&6

3 Likes

the-simpsons-stop

5 Likes

4 Likes

Just had a rough front 9, it was still a blast playing and chatting with ya!

2 Likes

Definitely a great time! No one I’d rather get my ass kicked by lol. And it was my first competitive round ever so I’m not going to beat myself up about it.

3 Likes

(I’m obviously using the word “competitive” a little loosely given how it went haha)

1 Like

Keller was mint today. God bless centerline trees.

12 Likes

oh. and talk about weird, but The Big Golfer himself was at Keller today. wild.

5 Likes

Couldn’t be Bryson, he’s wearing an American flag shirt

woodland was an option. :saluting_face:

3 Likes

@MrLarson and I are playing our match on Sunday, 6/4 - 8:30am at Chaska Town Course. We have two spots available if anyone wants to join us for their match.

1 Like

@Kolby and I are playing Mississippi National at 10:30 Saturday for our match if anyone else wants in for their competition, or just to laugh at how I have completely lost my swing.

1 Like

Just trying to plan out chunks of my summer but is there a set time that round 2 needs to be completed by?

2 Likes

Let’s say by 7/15, Shootout Day :metal:

1 Like

@DuckDuckGreyDuckHook and I battled demons more often than each other out at Keller this afternoon. I was up by 4 at one point and Jordan put on the rally cap and went on a par streak to tie it up on 16, and then he went 1 up after 17. We ended up tying the match. After a lengthy debate about gimmes, grounding of clubs/improving lies in traps, and severe financial infractions the match ended up going to me.

@DuckDuckGreyDuckHook was a pleasure to play a round with. Hope we can get out again soon.

4 Likes

@Obrienchauncey1 beat me 2&1 today at Highland National. It will kill @BaxterMSP to hear me say this, (and I hate to disappoint my dear friend) but we did have a great time with @TSJ along for the round. Lifetime MN match play record now moves to 1-3. There’s work to do be done before next year!

4 Likes

I feel like you’re confusing my disdain for Les Bolstad and all things U of M (with the exception of a former wrestling All-American) for Highland National. I’m actually a fan of Highland as a nice municipal golf option in the metro, except for that cheesy ass Snoopy bunker.

Now, if we want to get a discussion going about how Les Bolstad would actually be improved by turning that whole course into a parking lot I’m all ears…

Weren’t you the one who was sick of people saying they had fun playing their opponent, they were a good person, etc. last year? I know you hate Les, and I know you hate almost all things U of M buddy! I think that’s why I like you so much!

4 Likes

1 Like

Ah, you’re correct. Shit talking an opponent seems to be a lost art in the greater MN area. We’ll tee it up soon so I can remind you how it’s done

3 Likes