The MN Match Play Thread - 2023 BRACKET POSTED - ROUND 1 UNDERWAY

I know @CMick26 is out that way, and from a recent post in the Iowa Roll Call it sounds like @danavo714 is moving back to NW Iowa this summer, but idk how soon or where specifically.

I move in mid-July, I’ll be pretty much unavailable for all of August.

Shit, the Shootout is 7/15. You can run up for a quick entire day of golf right?

Damn. Don’t tempt me with a good time.

When I’ve got a better idea of my specific moving dates, I’ll reply here.

1 Like

THE BRACKET IS HERE

Edit: please do everything in your power to have First Round matches complete by June 15

5 Likes

48B4E358-7E8C-44BA-A3EB-369C00DDD8FE

Let’s get it on!!!

2 Likes

Quick note on handicapping (will post in the Match Play Thread as well):

Per USGA Recommended Allowances, please use 95% allowance when calculating Playing Handicaps

Example for @kcurry11 and I:

Assuming we play the one ups, I will get 9 pops.

It pains to me to say that @EagleE has defeated me on his home course, 2&1. Was a pillow fight until I just couldn’t handle the fatigue that WBYC throws at you.

3 Likes

I left the door open with a bogey-bogey-bogey start courtesy of back-to-back-to-back 3-putts but managed to find just enough game to sneak into the next round. Decent ball striking; shiiiiiit putting.

@StillWong is a great hang & welcome to the Refuge community!

3 Likes

Not sure if @BTfromDelta sent any DMs or such, but he defeated me at The Bridges on Monday, 2 & 1. Couldn’t make a putt over 2 feet. Hell of a fun time was had though. Hope all you folks at Landmand had a great experience today.

2 Likes

@DrewMik and I are squaring off on june 2nd at 4:30 at Highland National, 2 spots left if anyone wants to join

2 Likes

I bested @kcurry11 4&2 today at the absolute insanity that is Landmand. What a fuckin golf course.

10 Likes

@bignanski played a hell of a round today. Landmand was something else, only guy I would rather get bested by is @phrodo.

6 Likes

PICS?!?

1 Like

13 Likes

Looks like that might be a bit of fun. Amazing!

I bested (and I use that term extremely loosely) @rmckeev at Landmand yesterday 1&0. What an incredibly fun course.

4 Likes

Hey y’all, I know there are a lot of threads and it’s easy to x-post to the MN Roll Call thread, but for the sake of my sanity please post the results of your matches HERE. You can also post them to the Roll Call thread but I want to be able to find everything in one place so I can stay on top of the bracket. Please and thank you.

6 Likes

I will begrudgingly restate that I beat @Mystic 4&2

3 Likes

Like pulling teeth I’m sure.

5 Likes