The Midwest "Ope"-in August 20th & 21st, 2021: We're Getting The Band Back Together?

In addition to the food on Friday, theres basically a sweepstakes of AirBnB options as well as a few motel/hotel options in and around the Green Lake area. There’s options for just you basically all the way to some pretty crazy number, should you want to go that route.

2 Likes

Time to relive college club golf glory days; cant wait to fire another 34-49 and get ejected into the sun

paging @Double_Bogey_Dave, this is a thing?!

source: haven’t created a new thread in a long time because, there’s no need.

2 Likes

Shadow mods. Shadow mods everywhere

3 Likes

Hasn’t it been that way since the beginning of this website? It just used to be Randy or McSchvantz that had to approve them instead of the new mods.

Looking forward to the inevitable speeding ticket for having Illinois plates.

1 Like

I think there should be some sort of merch for sale, even for those not playing.

I’d rock a Midwest Ope-In hat!

2 Likes

There will be merch for the Midwest Championship event, along with possible merch for each of the four states. That is all in the works!

5 Likes

Also looking forward to being pulled over in Rosendale for doing 26 in the 25 because I have tinted windows and no front plate.

Midwestern folk:

Please keep an eye on this thread as there will be at least one top tier item that you all may have interest in.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/altamont-avon-charity-auction-raffle-threads-incoming-deals-are-afoot/38364?u=aannddyy00

We are certainly going to make all the efforts we can to make merch of many kinds happen for the state level and the actual “Ope”-in. We are hoping to get the designs flowing now that it’s public and others, better at design than us, might be able to help out.

Charity or charities will be selected in due course, as well.

Can’t believe @cgroom hasn’t registered yet…someone should send the paramedics to check on him

5 Likes

I was on the course because it’s 85° here with no snow on the ground. Registration incoming!

2 Likes

Can’t believe that @Double_Bogey_Dave or other mods STILL haven’t approved the Nebraska Qualifier thread I created for this Championship. What gives guis?

In the meantime, Nebraska guis - feel free to hop on over to this signup sheet to get your in for the Nebraska Match Play qualifier:

Really bummed we couldn’t do Lawsonia this year… Glad to have it back on the calendar.

2 Likes

This…this looks like a lot of fun.

(How am I going to sell this…)

1 Like

Might opt to stay at a campground for this one for something different…

Green Lake Campground has a little 9 holer on the grounds. Feels like a sign from the golf gods.

5 Likes

Just tell them you’ll catch the next one.

6 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 1.00.40 PM

While youre in there @anon47037505 , can you work on the Woodpecker infestation i’ve been dealing with?

7 Likes

I can already feel this in my loins.

2 Likes