The Midwest "Ope"-in August 20th & 21st, 2021: We're Getting The Band Back Together?

You have months to butter any parties necessary up to make it work.

2 Likes

The ass kissing for golf in 2021 is going to begin earlier than I expected

2 Likes

I’m going to be writing a book on how to convince the better half that you should take an absurd number of golf trips per year, all while you have a couple kids under the age of 10 at home.

Step 1) - Offer to always handle the marital finances
Step 2) - Never show her the checkbook

12 Likes

I’m signed up, did the quick wife text and sold wisconsin in august as a nice getaway from kansas heat for a few days.

may have to bow out later on, but it’s a full send at the moment

1 Like

I can’t believe you’re sharing our secrets.

We talked about this!

1 Like

The sign up is damn near full just over an hour after the event was announced.

4F3BA93E-D107-48F6-BEB8-328E88940AFE

4 Likes

I feel the need to help out my fellow refugees…

Step 3) - Always…ALWAYS…wait until she’s in a very good mood before springing any golf related ask on her.

3 Likes

FER SHURE

I see very little mitten representation thus far. As as a newbie to refuge organized events, what’s involved in being a chairgui and organizing a match play tourney for Michigan?

@MrVinegar206 anything more to add? LOL

1 Like

Grease the right palms, unfortunately.

I can attest, this works

Excited for this

1 Like

Best to get her gifts/wine too.

1 Like

Feel free to start one up…for The Midwest “Ope”-in this year the MN/NE/WI/IL teams will fight for the title but any refugee is welcome to sign up as an individual attendee.

Just take the check out of the checkbook before filling it out so the carbon copy is blank.

The locus of power drifts westward as @BaxterMSP and @aannddyy00, oligarchs from the Great White North and the Plains respectively have formed an unholy alliance to wrest control from @Double_Bogey_Dave and his cronies in their North Carolina stronghold.

For the rank and file Refugees, including those from the quintessentially Midwestern state of Michigan? Same swamp, different day.

1 Like

Who writes checks anymore?

1 Like

That was my first thought. I still have a checkbook with my address from 13 years ago.

3 Likes

Checkbooks? I thought we were all in our mid-30s, give or take.

7 Likes