The Midwest "Ope"-in August 20th & 21st, 2021: We're Getting The Band Back Together?

This is why I attach myself to the Illinois contingent. @JBors is many things; a great organizer is likely his greatest attribute.

2 Likes

Think I’m in.

Ryder Cup is the following month so should be good, right?

5 Likes

My hope is that this becomes a yearly thing and the “Midwest ‘Ope’-in” sticks around. So basically:

The <insert funny name based on the location/course/whatever> at The Midwest “Ope”-in

2 Likes

Yep, big part of the reason for holding this in August.

2 Likes

And, all the hours of sunlight.

Yep. In. Didn’t read it. I’m just in. Book it. We’ll figure it out later.

6 Likes

I said I was flying on the sheet, but this is a road trip all day long.

5 Likes

I can’t believe @aannddyy00 is a part of this. These kinds of exclusive events—limiting full participation to flyover state residents only—are exactly the kind of thing that’s wrong with the Refuge under the @Double_Bogey_Dave administration. @aannddyy00 has become a swamp denizen.

5 Likes

You’re more than welcome to come, there’s no actual limit on participation to residents of the Upper Midwest/Great Lakes/flyover country.

The match play championship will be Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, and Nebraska. Nevada is not invited to that portion.

1 Like

Actually, the event is open to all. Young Snell has already signed up so don’t give me this “flyover states only” bullshit.

6 Likes

1 Like

“Full participation.”

In the field of Refuge golf, “separate but equal” has no place.

1 Like

Baxter regrets the error.

1 Like

Like I said above, we (the Wisconsin contingent) are happy to adopt others, should they need to find a home, but you are certainly in good hands with @JBors and the Illinois guis.

2 Likes

Yessir! I had to make sure this wasn’t during the State Fair but we are all good. Don’t @ me, my family loves the Fair.

1 Like

Scheduling was done around a fair amount of stuff, this, I will admit, was never one of those things mentioned.

1 Like

@naters is another Iowa guy who would probably want to get involved!

1 Like

Also, this whole “waiting-for-a-mod-to-approve-a-new-topic” is complete bullshit. How did it come to this???

2 Likes

I should also mention that we’ll be doing the Friday night fish fry at Lawsonia! We have a huge section of the dining room reserved for us but, should COVID continue to run rampant, we’ll be pivoting to an outdoor tent.

6 Likes

you’re dang right.

2 Likes