The Laundry "Shoot" @ Eagle Springs Golf Resort (Eagle, WI) - Sunday, May 7th 2023

I’m 2/2 on this month of getting snowed/rained on this month along the Il/Wi border.

5 Likes

Just means you’re doing something right.

4 Likes

April is the worst month. Worse than February.

1 Like

Shotgun start at 1pm

1 Like

Had to take my name out due schedule conflicts this weekend. Slot 32 is open

2 Likes

I played there on Saturday and we realized after we were done that we didn’t play the volcano. We saw the tee box to the right and went right there. The second loop through I noticed the cart path and what looked to be a tee box to the left. Don’t make my mistake. It’s just a good excuse to come back, not that I need one. That course is so much fun.

4 Likes

:frowning:

And yes…this is a complete sentence

1 Like

I’m giving you a like for your courteous post to announce a spot was open so I could move in. This is balanced by condolences for having to drop.

7 Likes

@TCRBrad was there anything needed for you? I see the merch here on google is blank and I don’t think I ever sent cash for sign up

1 Like

I’ve gotta back out but hoping someone can take my place.

2 Likes

HELLO FRIENDS!

Getting excited for Sunday’s event. After talking with the course, it sounds like they’re looking to raise some money for either pull carts or an AED for the clubhouse.

In order to help with the cause, we’re going to set up an “Ace Pin” on the 133yd Par 3 7th hole.
For just $10 - you can jump in on a Hole-In-One 50/50 pot. Half the proceeds will go to the course and the other half goes to anyone that jars one.

VENMO the funds to me TCRBrad (last 4 5477) if you’re interested in joining the pool - and thank you for helping out this family owned facility. If you’d like to make a direct donation to the club, they accept cash or check on site as well.

We have a few spots open if anyone is interested in joining last minute!!!

Course setup details and scorecard will follow soon :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I’ll gladly buy in, but just so we’re clear, if no aces are made, all the money goes to the course?

Also, should we bring cash for the greens fee?

1 Like

Yessir! They get ALL the moneys if nobody aces it.

But just wait till you see the green AND where they pin it…if nobody makes one I’ll be sad

6 Likes

Does it count as an “ace” if it is your first one?

4 Likes

Now I’m even more le sad I can’t make it. It’s time to finally get to double digit HIOs!

I’m getting pin location suggestion videos from the super in the middle of my work day.

This course is the fucking best. I’m so pumped.

EDIT: I posted it on the Second City GC Instagram story. My phone compressed the hell out of it but you’ll get an idea of how dialed up one of the pins on 9 will be. #sick

9 Likes

Here is the course routing for Sunday.
Details are below:

On holes with multiple pin locations, play left to right (left pin first, right pin second) or front to back
SCORING WILL BE NET

Hole 1/10: 292 from the upper tee to left shelf pin/281 from the original tee to the funnel pin
Hole 2/11: 140 yds Volcano Hole
Hole 3/12: 326 new hole/296 from original tee behind 2nd green (driveable Par 4)
Hole 4/13: 391 to the back left shelf pin/398 to the bowl pin right
Hole 5/14: 404 front left pin/414 back right pin
Hole 6/15: 283 front pin/296 back pin
Hole 7/16: ACE PIN!!! Send a venmo and log yourself in the pool on the sign up sheet!
Hole 8/17: 460 Par 5 with a punchbowl green. Get at it.
Hole 9/18: 367 to left side pin/407 around the tree to the right side pin.

13 Likes

I really hope the trees on 8 are an obstacle cutting across the fairway

3 Likes

They’re goalposts that aren’t super tall so you can either play in-between or over them.
8 is damn near an Eagle hole every time with the punchbowl pin.

3 Likes

Ladies and gents we have pairings!!!

Don’t forget to jump in to the Hole-In-One pool for the 7th hole, and here’s to what’s looking to be a great day on Sunday!

Oh and by the way - lunch is a brat (with fixings), chips, and cookies. They’ll have a beverage cart on the far side of the course for any mid-round beverages or snacks as well.

Cheers!!

9 Likes