The Laundry "Shoot" @ Eagle Springs Golf Resort (Eagle, WI) - Sunday, May 7th 2023

Crap, I’m really going to have to start slow rolling the reveal to the Mrs about the refuge, otherwise all these random golf events I’m traveling to are going to look really suspicious.

7 Likes

The other option, and one I do not recommend, is tell her about it in a lot of detail so she never asks about it again and is fine that you go play golf with your “internet weirdos”.

10 Likes

Second. And i think the clubhouse makes curds too?

2 Likes

Aren’t there other ways to show support for your wife besides watching a marathon? Hands down, marathons are the worst sporting events to attend as a spectator.

2 Likes

4 Likes

The worst. And I’ll have two kids with as well.

3 Likes

HELLO FRIENDS

Just got off the phone with Eagle Springs about the setup and details of the event.
I’m freaking PUMPED for this event.

First off - they’re giving us free run of the golf course after our 18 hole loop, so there is time for an emergency 9/additional holes once we’re done.

We’ve got multiple pin positions, variable tee locations to maximize angles (and even create some driveable 4’s) , and a closing hole location that “if you miss you end up in the parking lot” since the rough hasn’t fully grown in yet. #sick

I’ll have a merch launch tomorrow showing what the beer glasses will look like - and I know Eagle Springs also has some gear available for sale as well (course logo related). It’s a $10 buy in to the pint glasses and other goodies. So keep an eye out.

Finally - we are going to have a funnel pin on the Par 3 7th with a chance at a hole-in-one buy in pool.
Half the pot goes to anyone that makes one (or gets divided as needed) and the other half goes DIRECTLY to the course itself (they’re letting me know what they need - in the past we’ve funded a cart lease for a year, new carpeting and paint for the clubhouse, and POS machines). Buy in for that will be $20 - or you’re more than welcome to donate money directly to the course in cash, check, or during the purchase of greens fees day of the event.

…is it May 7th yet?

11 Likes

Also - there is potentially a chance to open up another group for the event, so if anyone else is interested in playing PLEASE make sure you add your names to the list.

Thanks!

1 Like

This sounds like our day with 27 holes, moving pins in between nines, etc.

One fun part of ES the second hole…there are TWO of them. Coming back in from a shotgun after 18 holes and a similar number of beers, we were sooooooo confused by coming across a hole we hadn’t already played.

You’ll likely stick the primary #2–which is the famous volcano–but if you find yourself where we did, now you know. Also, the owners laughed their asses off at us, and rightly so.

1 Like

Today I learned the original tee from 2 to 3 is off the back of the Volcano green.
It’s a driveable hole from there and will be a location we play from

6 Likes

Non golfers welcome to tag along?

1 Like

We won’t have a brat for them, but there’s food and drink available for purchase!

And…OF COURSE

2 Likes

For an event happening (checks calendar) next weekend, it’s awfully quiet in here. We’re still on?

4 Likes

Is anybody interested in carpooling? I’m in Schaumburg, happy to give others a ride if you don’t feel like driving.

1 Like

Oh HECK yeah we’re still on. House buying is chaotic and stressful. I’ve been on the phone with the realtor all week.

1 Like

Oh boy we like that.gif

9 Likes

PERFECT weather right there

2 Likes

I’m not convinced that’s in Wisconsin.

6 Likes

Brad when are the tee times?

I remain skeptical, but optimistic?

1 Like