The Grudge Match: A Thread That Needs to be Deleted So Future Generations Will Not Know Our Shame

You guys have inspired me. If anyone wants a grudge match with me in Ohio, the pre round lunch is on me. At skyline chili. Better stock up on Dude Wipes.

Good show btw - I was thoroughly entertained.

2 Likes

@anon71339061 I think youā€™re in the wrong thread, you want to be here:

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/match-play-gamesmanship-thread/8935

STAY ON TOPIC :speaking_head:

(/s /s /s)

1 Like

From purely a golf perspective it was one of the 5 worst rounds of the summer, without a doubt. Definitely not the worst by a long shot, but overall a pretty poor display of golf by myself and I would have to imagine not typical of Alex either. With that being said, getting the opportunity to meet a complete stranger and take a 4.5 hour walk with them with was absolutely a blast.

@alexshreff Is legit one of the nicest, most humble and all around likeable people Iā€™ve met through this game and getting to hang out with him while carrying a damn bag he made himself was really kind of mind blowing.

Years from now Iā€™ll never remeber what I shot or how many balls I lost, but I guarantee you Iā€™ll remember the day the random dude from PA stopped on his way through town and played a round of golf with me. Iā€™m super thankful to have had the experience of carrying a bag thatā€™s already been to multiple countries and been carried at some of the top golf destinations in the world, but more so Iā€™m grateful for the friendship that I made as a result of the refuge.

Thanks for hanging out with us today and following along. I wish we could have put on a better show for yā€™all, but at the end of the day i woukdnt have traded any bit of it.

Fuck Pete Dye though.

32 Likes

We going sizzzzzzzzla!

3 Likes

First of all, amen. But on a serious note, Tom Doak did a lot of work with Pete Dye as the foundations of his career, so do we get the Doakster without Dye? Idk. Lmk.

How the fuck did that happen

And I would use the code but I already dropped $30 on Chinese food for myself because I had an evening house hotel and a STRONG HUNCH that the shreff man would come back and take the W. Alas, twas not to be. The foods still good tho

2 Likes

Pete and I have never really gotten along. This course was very visually appealing but it was a tiiiight piece of property and there was trouble every where we looked. Coupled with the fact we walked and I didnā€™t drink any sour beer, it made for a long day.

Not as long as @alexshreff ride to his buddies though, thanks to me leaving my keys in the bag and adding a solid 30 minutes on his trip, smh. Clown move bro.

I mean, I donā€™t love Dyeā€™s work either. And I totally understand all of how you feel. But sometimes there are bad rungs on the ladder, you know? I donā€™t know how to feel about that.

1 Like

You paid for the round, donā€™t hate yourself

And great entertainment boys. Def look forward to more of these in the future (fake grudges if necessary)

1 Like

11 Likes

also @Fore20 its your fault for choosing (agreeing to?) a dye :wink:

I gave him a few options and he went with the Dye as he had never played one. Iā€™ve lived here 19 years now and this was the first time Iā€™ve played the courseā€¦for a reason.

damn @alexshreff he is throwing you way under the bus here

2 Likes

He was pretty impressive with your 7 wood btw. He hit that bitch off the tee, from 220 and even on a 165 yard par 3 I hit a 9 on. It was damn crazy the variety of shots he hit with that thing.

Heavenwoods are freaking awesome, man. Fairway woods as a rule of thumb are just underrated because ā€œirons are more impressiveā€

1 Like

I would like to throw my hat in the ring for a grudge match. @munihack7 step up you city slicker, you cake eater. Iron range vs the cities. A tale as old as the Minnesota state high school hockey tournament.

5 Likes

Yeah these grudge matches are quickly becoming some of my favorite #content from the Refuge. Itā€™s a ton of fun to watch this shit show spill over into real life, while the rest of us continue on online, on Instagram, on Grint, on anywhere we possibly canā€¦ Major props to @Fore20 and @alexshreff for the performances today. No one cares what you shot, it looked like a complete blast. I canā€™t wait to play with both of you. Your commentary was hilarious. Cheers.

12 Likes

Poor @Lazstradamus nobody taking heed to the actual grudge match prerequisite for this thread. Buncha counterfeit grudges brewing in here.

Edit: geographical grudge got it

3 Likes

I canā€™t remember lazā€™s rules, but anyone who knows anything about Minnesota would know thereā€™s a rivalry between the 218ers and anyone from the metro area. Itā€™s a decades old rivalry. (I honestly just wanna play his course again, and this was an excuse)

4 Likes

I know was just kidding. Iā€™m bored in the hotel.

1 Like