The Grudge Match: A Thread That Needs to be Deleted So Future Generations Will Not Know Our Shame

Pete Dye, man

1 Like

What is match at Iā€™m running around canā€™t be fucked to add it up on the card

Itā€™s in the pooper.

Iā€™ve always said I would love if Golf Channel would televise a weekend hacker matchā€¦ I regret the error

12 Likes

Grew up working cart staff on a Pete Dye course. Incredibly fun to play at times, incredibly humbling almost all of the time.

1 Like

The classic over promise and under deliver.

1 Like

Well guise. @Fore20 wins 2&1. To be honest, it was fucking terrible. Pete Dye is a dick.

I shot 93 and @Fore20 shot a 90. The scripting was there for a bad round from both of us, but we didnā€™t know quite how bad.

There were hazards on every. single. fairway. And surrounding every. single. green. It was a menace.
Knowing what we know now I think we could go play a decent round, but I honestly couldnā€™t find the clubface with an iron. In need of a 3 hour range session tomorrow morning, because it was not great.
Sorry to let all of you down that bet on me (I donā€™t think there were many of you), but letā€™s give a round of applause to @Fore20 for carrying the Sunday bag, and beating its creator in the process. All around great company and great day, regardless of the matches outcome.

37 Likes

giphy

1 Like

As bad as the golf was today the real fumbled occurred when I left my keys in the pocket of the bag. @alexshreff Is currently 15 minutes down the road and pulling over to verifyā€¦not great.

5 Likes

Also I signed the flag on the hood of my carā€¦it bled through :rofl::rofl::rofl:

21 Likes

Itā€™s been confirmed. Keys have been left in the bag. Complete asshole move as @alexshreff now drives 15 minutes back to the courseā€¦

1 Like

Honestly, this kind of stuff makes me feel better about my own game. So you both did the refuge a service. Also damn you @bagger, whatā€™s your stupid Venmo

1 Like

God youā€™re a mess I love it

4 Likes

As much fun as I had with poop jokes and comments about the match being ā€œshittyā€, kudos to you guys. I love it when the refuge turns from an online forum into real life. And canā€™t wait for my own turns in the spotlight.

This was awesome, I have all the feelies.

7 Likes

Might want to get that checked out

2 Likes

Letā€™s go! @Fore20 you did it you crazy sumbitch!!

1 Like

Also just want to point out that Dude Wipes code is 100% real. Someone use it. Hahaha

8 Likes

@alexshreff should have used the Mid Slantā€¦

4 Likes