The Grudge Match: A Thread That Needs to be Deleted So Future Generations Will Not Know Our Shame

Also bored in a hotel. I’ve followed the refuge more closely this week than I ever have.

2 Likes

you’re going to miss it once you try going back to normal life

1 Like

Just got a chance to read through this and catch up (been playing and driving all damn day).

Around hole 9 I got the shanks with my irons. If The Grint showed me blasting two balls OB from the fairway, that’s why. This plagues me once or twice a summer and it’s debilitating. Need to hit the range hard tomorrow.
I was hitting heaven woods from 160 like it was nobody’s business. Also was not a walkable course and we decided to walk it. Dumb mistake.

Without that happening we would’ve easily been shooting closer to our handicaps, but alas, it made great entertainment.

17 Likes

Good work you sickos. Helped pass the lunchbreak down here in Australia, so you officially went International.

1 Like

Just remember that unathletic people sitting in the stands yell at professional athletes.

3 Likes

3ayzv2

6 Likes

…speaking of being thirsty, has @fullwedge slid into any of your DMs?

#influencer

3 Likes

They better try harder than that if they want a piece of my 976 followers.

4 Likes

filled with envy over here you guise, i only have 856

damn wilson staff used my IG selfie with my “gary woodland flat bill” and all I got was a better pic with my giant ears cropped out. no % off nothing.

2 Likes

it was really 13 clubs…im not that good at the maths

You’re a beautiful disaster

i figured my comment would get people all riled up, but it was a joke…not sure 16 clubs would fit in that bag tbh

3w, 3H, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P (43), W (48), 53, 56, 60, P

Idk if you have enough wedges

Coming from the guy who can’t do SHIT between 50 and 130 yds :confused:

1 Like

he only has 4 wedges, his clubs are just mislabeled “5-W” when really they’re “4-P”

shoutout OEM marketing departments

2 Likes

few more tidbits to share about the course…

tees were 6493 and per the card play to a 72.3/137

its the home course of Guilford College who is typically a top 5 or 10 DIII golf program with a couple national championships under the belts, so needless to say its a solid test of golf and not exactly some place you can just beat it all over the yard and expect to play your second shot

correct…i play the AP1’s and titleist makes it confusing labeling a 43 degree club a P, when its really a 9

all them damn wedges and i cant hit one of them worth a damn

1 Like

At the risk of going off topic (a first for the refuge, I know). I don’t know shit about equipment basically but I play the Rocketbladez tours, and these are the lofts. Are they different/stronger/whatever than normal clubs? I’m consistently a club further than most of my friends, but I think some of that comes from the lofts of these things.

4: 20 deg. 5: 23 deg. 6: 26 deg. 7: 30 deg. 8: 34 deg. 9: 39 deg. PW: 44 deg.